ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio mk3 AP Coiloers - leaky rear shock - help please!

MK3 1.4 dynamique s
Hi guys,

MOT is due very shortly and I've realised both my rear shocks are leaking:/ obviously I need to replace them before my MOT so my question is do they have to be AP?

Also, where on earth can I get just the rear shocks? Can't find just the rear AP shocks anywhere:/

any comments welcome,

thanks in advance!
Tom.

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Is it the coilovers you have on now that are leaking? If so, how old are they? AP offer a 2 year warranty as far as I'm aware.

MK3 1.4 dynamique s
It is indeed, the rear shock's currently on the car are leaking. They're certainly over the 2yr warranty unfortunately:/

I've found some Weitec Rear Shock Absorbers for £81 each, I believe these are the exact same as my AP's?

MK3 1.4 dynamique s
Thanks adam!

Problem i'm having is everywhere i've called so far is quoting 5-7 day delivery time's from germany, any suggestions as to places that will stock these/can do quicker delivery?

Cheers!

Doubt it tbh as most places get the coilovers themselfs sent direct from Germany. Hmm.

Put standard dampers back on for MOT?

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Try giving AMD tuning a call.

Spoke to them last week about coilivers and i think they have AP in stock. Or in england at least

MK3 1.4 dynamique s
Thanks Liam!

adam, would standard dampers be okay with my ap springs for mot? They wouldn't need to be shortened dampers (I'm assuming AP/Weitec are)?