ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio MK3 from Germany

White Sti Hatch
Sapcers aint gonna do nething to your paint ! your arches are wide enough to take it trust me i ran min in all weather with them and no issues !

this is what you want ! My old Bus 25mm Spacers all round 70mm front 150mm Rear on Weitec coilovers with custom rear springs
IMG_3480.jpg

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Custom springs that go lower than the standard weitec coilover springs iirc!

White Sti Hatch
Fully Adjustable Coilovers mate wound ALL the way down front and rear with Custom 150mm sprigns on the rear

And as for why so low, cause it looked the f**king dogs lol.....apologies for taking over the thread with my old car

ClioSportMeet005.jpg

Clio MK3 GT
front doesn't go lower, but rear so low ?! mhh, i would like to see pictures from this custom coilover ... !!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
What size are those wheels Bio? I'm thinking of dropping mine lots on 17" or 16" wheels.

Clio MK3 GT
if i could tkae some low springs, i don't need 18" wheels!!! I would like to see pictures from damper and springs pleasy :)

White Sti Hatch
front doesn't go lower, but rear so low ?! mhh, i would like to see pictures from this custom coilover ... !!

Ill see if i can get the new owner to nip round to mine and ill get you pics of the set up mate.

What size are those wheels Bio? I'm thinking of dropping mine lots on 17" or 16" wheels.

there the standard 16" canastas off the Mk3 just poweder coated black

if i could tkae some low springs, i don't need 18" wheels!!! I would like to see pictures from damper and springs pleasy :)

Ill get pics as soon as possible

Clio MK3 GT
i was content with the 45 springs .... but i'm more happy with coilover. Now I search for more lowering :) ..... Pictures Pleeeease :)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I like the photoshop of mine dropped on Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2's. Gonna try do that tbh!

White Sti Hatch
thank you :) ... the springs are made by weitec, this 150mm springs?! ...

No the custom springs were made by a company in England the took measurements off of my Weitec spring and made the custom ones to my specification

Clio MK3 GT
Okay ... here in germany also un-tüv-able :D not approval in germany :D

Well, why don't take some customs springs for front set up ?

White Sti Hatch
Okay ... here in germany also un-tüv-able :D not approval in germany :D

Well, why don't take some customs springs for front set up ?

Yeah we dont have to worry bout that over here just an MOT and it flew through it to my knowledge !

The front was low enough for me any lower and the Sumbframe would have been trailing along the ground along with the Sump

Clio MK3 GT
hehe thats right

well, what i interessted in. Measurement from fender/wing ( Kotflügel ) lower edge to the middle of wheel ( Radmitte ) in mm.

technixgl1d.jpg

Found by. Golfv.de

Measurepoint B !!!

I have front 315mm and rear 320mm.

I interessted in measurement with weitech coilover

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
There are many for the Clio 3. I think the Clio Mk3 ph2 we have is different however.

http://www.k-tecracing.com/catalogue.asp?app=Clio%203&category=Suspension

I spoke to a guy who works for SPAX today very briefly. Basically at work my friend saw his spax jumper and said "Oh jason your looking for coilovers". This guy looked at me and said "really?" i then said yeh and that I own a new Clio GT. He said that they are working on a system for it, and like the New Abarth 500, its a pain in the arse apparently.

Apparently they are working on it though. So shouldn't be long before its widely available.

Clio MK3 GT
Okay ... Spax Coilover ... Well, they going lower that H&R & Weitec Coils.

I need some Measurements. Now, look @ page 3

:D

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Well congratulations on being the first mate! Hopefully I will be getting the Malta bus decked :p

Clio MK3 GT
Hello Community, now some Pics, only handy pics from new Wheels. 8,5x18 ET30 @ front and ET15 @rear axle

23122009048rf51.jpg
231220090490een.jpg
23122009050qg7x.jpg
231220090511gr7.jpg
23122009053ygt6.jpg
23122009057mcc9.jpg
23122009058vdph.jpg
image.php

Black Clio GT
your car looks superb mate, ive got -45mm h&r springs and four 25mm spacers waiting for me when i get back to work in a week!!!
pics to follow :)

Clio MK3 GT
nice ... i'm very intressted @ these words "I think you can go more low with gaz coilovers"

Facts, Links .... are very good ;)

Clio 182 BG
HR coilovers are quality, GAZ are good too but its hard to find a dealer who have the right papers for our TÜV (something like MOT but harder)

i think for him the HR´s are the best way, but you can phone HR for custom springs normaly they can produce some for your car.