ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Renaultsport 200 announced

Octavia vRS tfsi
Renault%20Sport%20Clio%20side-L.jpg

RenaultSport%20Clio%20front-L.jpg

Ian

Focus TDCi
I love to look of the Clio 200, much more agressive and sharper than the 197.

Tbh I disagree, it looks to me like they felt like they had to change something so they stuck a new bumper on it to match the rest of the range. I like all the additional specifications they've allowed, but not that bumper! The main photo on the site Lee posted up is even from behind, what does that tell you lol.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
New meg is awesome & modern.

The clio looks like a quick front end fix, may just be photos.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The 197's appearance is pretty much faultless, seems a bit pointless IMo. Looks like it's been Bangled!!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Ran through the Bangle Mangle. Twice!

Just the front bumper join line, though... i like the rest!

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Well the 197 is 3 years old now, so the it's what every manufactor does.

Face-lift - bumpers and lights

Trophy #490
They may well have naffed up the front end, but at least they didn't give it a VXR-esque central exhaust like on the new Renaultsport Megane too! :quiet:

PH1 172
Not sure on the clio but I do like the megane!!!

When I went into Renault 2 weeks ago to book in my clio for the bonnet catch I asked if I could take a 197 cup or the megane 225 out while I was waiting.....he said to me that I could but if I am thinking of buying then wait for the new megane and clio plus there is going to be a R version of the new megane like the R26R....if he wasn't bull sh!tting then that will ba savage me thinks!!!!

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Not another R'R'R' myth again.

After the sales flop of the 26R dought they will get burnt again.

Renault Clio S
I think the treatment of the front was inspired by the Evo 10. Still don't like it though as it will look dated rather quickly.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
A step back in looks from the 197, might see one in the flesh and love it tho.

172 Exclusive... For Sale
Surprised no ones mention... Renault Clio 200?

Name sounds to close to... ROVER 200!

Ph1
Wish Renault would hurry up and shift the Megane on to the next performance level then the Clio's can run the turbo lump!

SLK 350
Love the new designs of both cars, but in particular the Megane, a real step forward. The new Clio tohugh is also much better looking than the 197.

Be interesting to see how they price them, tough market.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Surprised no ones mention... Renault Clio 200?

Name sounds to close to... ROVER 200!

They were always going to have that problem with the next upgrade though.. Peugeot 205 206 etc etc. Admittedly 201 or something would've been better, but still makes no difference to me, I've still got the 172, 182 and 197 to get through first. :)

Renaultsport 200
Was asking in Renault about when this was out on Sat, but they didn't have a scooby.

May - excellent that gives me time to get in the house, then and get an order in. With 200ps it's gonna be sooooo much quicker than the crappy 197!!!

What are you talking about? If you imagine both the 197 and the 200 make the stated figures then 3hp and no increase on torque is fook All man. Now factor in the cars don't make stock figures, the 200 won't make 200!

'crappy 197' I'll pretend you were joking, so I don't have to deliver a tirade at your foolishness.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
What are you talking about? If you imagine both the 197 and the 200 make the stated figures then 3hp and no increase on torque is fook All man. Now factor in the cars don't make stock figures, the 200 won't make 200!

'crappy 197' I'll pretend you were joking, so I don't have to deliver a tirade at your foolishness.
Obviously sarcasm you fool!

I like it. The bumper join line looks strange at first, but I think it's probably very necessary. Without it the front end would look wrong. Subtle lines like this have a big impact on the overall look. Some people just can't handle change. Many of the haters will say it's "grown" on them, around about the time it becomes affordable to them.

I agree that 200 doesn't sound as good when spoken. They'd be better off naming it Clio 193, which is probably what it now has.

Obviously sarcasm you fool!

Knowsit! :rolleyes:

I personally like the new front end, and I think it'll deffo grow on people. They should have called it the 201 or 203 or sumin tho, 200 sounds wrong.

If R27 prices drop enough though, I may well be going for one of those instead and miss the depreciation.

Is it meant to have 200ps I take it?? Did the 197 ever have 197ps? As the 1*2's never actually made book power.

Tangoed Works
i love it awesome... would consider chopping mine in for this, but the depreciation is the killer on these renaults.

at least its not a simple tart up but a fully honed improvement to the chassis. this i think is what makes renaultsport so great, the attention to detail.

Last edited:
Is it meant to have 200ps I take it?? Did the 197 ever have 197ps? As the 1*2's never actually made book power.

I think common theory is that most made about 190ps. It shouldn't matter, as they're just numbers and the car is fantastic anyway. It's just that personally, I find it slightly annoying that they use the wrong numbers.