ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Renaultsport 200 on Pistonheads

VaVa
Don't think there were any doubts it was going drive brilliantly. That's what Renaultsport do.

But the looks are terrible. I'd say it's uglier than a ph1 172.

A Flamin' Red one
Pistonheads tend to call a spade a spade, so yes, all in all a good report.

Amazing how much technology they've packed into what is still a hatchback. I think it's quite admirable that Renault are still putting efforts into the 'hot hatch' market when other companies have given up.

LY 200
But the looks are terrible. I'd say it's uglier than a ph1 172.

'Lolz' - hunting today by any chance Mr Laingo!?

On the 200 regardless of it drives i second that it looks f**king awful - The 197 front end was fine tbh so i dont really understand why they have ruined it!

E87 118d M Sport
didnt realise the interior was so........bland. looks ever more plasticy than the previous models?

MKIII 138
Pistonheads tend to call a spade a spade, so yes, all in all a good report.

Amazing how much technology they've packed into what is still a hatchback. I think it's quite admirable that Renault are still putting efforts into the 'hot hatch' market when other companies have given up.

true

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
It's growing on me too, I quite like it now, however those wheels and black nose really need sorting. Can't imagine what it'll look like colour coded either, maybe a bit too 'bubbley'?

Golf GTD Mk7
the black bits look ok to me. The lights look meaner and it does have a megane 250 look about it which isn't a bad thing.

A Flamin' Red one
It's growing on me too, I quite like it now, however those wheels and black nose really need sorting. Can't imagine what it'll look like colour coded either, maybe a bit too 'bubbley'?

Some one did a fab photoshop of just this.

It's in a thread somewhere. I'll see if I can find it.

ST
Daniel don't hate son.

Cat D (light front end, bumper and headlamp) AMV8 through the auction tonight, 'insider' reckons it'll go for less thank 25,000 cat faces..

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Daniel don't hate son.

Cat D (light front end, bumper and headlamp) AMV8 through the auction tonight, 'insider' reckons it'll go for less thank 25,000 cat faces..

Flol!

No hate atall sir just humor at the haters of the fastest Renault Sport:sleepy:

Golf GTD Mk7
^^^ to what? whats the point in that though really? its sub 100 speeds and how it gets there that is more important surely?

Octy VRS
I thought BHP improved top end and torque improved acceleration as a general rule. I think the green is f**king awful, looks like a Softmint and it is seriously ugly. It may look better in black with that unpainted bit at the front.

Damn ugly, and the cup is plain as owt inside. Nice writeup though, interesting to read (albeit briefly) about the Clio GT.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Just been down to my local Renault & they have 2 RS200's in.
One White & one Alien Green.
They do look alot better in the metal!!!!
I think Alien Green is my new favorite colour!!!!!!!

Tangoed Works
I think the 0-60 is not improved due to shortening the gear ratios in first second and third.

I really like the sound of the clio 200 cup. The only clio i would realistically consider after my 182 ff cup pack. The 200 defo eclipses the competition imo for all out fun, and you cant really question the build quality now.

ST
Could do with being a bit faster, that is my only gripe.

You've driven one then?

I've got an R27 just now and trust me day to day its a far better car than my 182 ever was, point to point it's a faster car.

Last edited: