ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Seats

Clio 1.2
Hi All,
First post of many i think.
Can some please advise just got a Clio 1.2 MK2 Ph2 for my daughters first car and decided to make the inside look a little bit more sporty, So i purchased a complete set of 172 interiour seats,door cards,seat belts kitchen sink..... So my question is can i take out the old seats and do a straight swap with the 172 ones or will there be an issue with the lovely air bag cables underneath as keep reading stuff about resistors and RS tuners and CLIPs to switch things on and off....Can i just swap and plug and play or am i going to need resistors and if i do how do i connect them and to what cables. same with the seat belts are these just a swap. The seats i think came out of a MK2 172

Clio 172 Merc ML55
They should just plug and play as long as nothing has been butchered underneath previously, you'd have more issues if you were doing it the other way around (1.2 interior into a sport) as some of the 'lower spec' models don't always have the same amount of sensors but in your case they're shouldn't be an issue.

On a seperate note the airbag system will only keel the warning light on if it senses an issue, otherwise it self cancels, so all being well it won't stay on once you've swapped everything over

Hope it's of some help to you, and welcome aboard ;)

Ads

Clio 1.2
Thank you so much the big day is Tuesday depending on weather of course - The joys of a first car and making it your own, Well dad making it her own.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
We've all been there (my daughter is only 8 so that'll be in a few years yet) and just had to have something, my Mrs bought a dci with no interior as a cheap work hack and gave me the pleasure of doing a complete swap, dashboard as well :smile: and my sport is purely a track toy so there's not a lot left either.

It's a pretty straight forward swap, be careful of the centre bolts for the rear seat under the iso fix bar, the rear of the two will more than likely be ceased in, they're torx bolts (star shaped) and like to eat sockets, I've only ever managed to remove one bolt without resorting to my trusty angle grinder and then hammer a socket over what's left of the thread.

Clio 1.2
Oh nice i do love bolts like that - It just so happens i have a angle grinder thats begging to be used again

Clio 1.2
Hi Mate - all good they have airbags in the old seats only problem is just gone to fit them and the cables are different and as Ads said somebody has already had ago at the cables so tried to figure out but light is on and thinking time to get someone with a clip to help out

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Don't suppose your near Wiltshire are you? More than happy to lend a hand if you are (don't have CLIP but do have diagnostics that will give Renault specific codes)

Clio 1.2
Hey Mate
Im in milton keynes but might be able to make it work will let you know, had a nightmare ended up having to strip the whole interior as when leaning on the floor to look at cables noticed my arm was wet turned out there seems to be a leak thinking sunroof as previous owner had a repair on it, i say repair load of filler in it so ive just filled the holes that i could see and hope that fixes it for now until i can strip the filler and fix the roof properly anyway both floor pans were swimming pools haha so before i can even attempt to put the seats back in again pulled carpet and foam for drying. Then i can put it back together and get the cabling sorted. Also turns out the the MK2 seats i got had different cable underneath mine has on driver side grey block with around 5 wires coming out, 1 black cable and a brown connector with 2 wires coming out, Passenger had been messed around with it had brown connector with the two wires, the one black and two cut cables which im thinking grey block? but the seats i have bought have 1 grey block and 1 black block 5 wires coming out of grey block and three wires coming out of black one so im thinking they should match up somehow but need going to need help with correct wiring. first thing first dry it.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
There's a few common places fo water leaks, sunroof as you say is one if the most. Others include 3 drains from the scuttle panel, there's 2 bungs in the rear panel by lights that can and do leak although you'd be able to trace these forwards. I even found a 8mm hole in my bulkhead where I presume a previous owner has run a power cable for extra audio (this has come in handy for my epas conversion though)

Clio 1.2
see lol sometimes previous owners have there uses.... Nice one done the scuttle this morning tipped 10 pints of water in there no water coming through but didnt know about rear lights bungs - do i need to take out the rear lights to get to them and would they fill the front up with water if blocked