ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio V6

V6 PH1
Just a quick update for those who saw and helped me with my last post........

Simply..........

LOVE IT!!!!

Thanks again

V6 PH1
I have already washed it despite it being valetted when I picked it up on Wednesday evening! Pictures will be up once I have sorted a few things.......

The steering wheels is really really tatty, whats the best way to sort this, get it repaired by a trim guy or replace it? If so are there any suggestions as to what wheel to change it too? (easiest way!!!!!)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Either have it retrimmed in leather or lose the airbag and buy an aftermarket one.

Pointless buying a new Renault Item as it will be shot to s**t again in about 6 months! They're crap.

Leather would be my choice. Can't beat a nice soft airbag when you're ploughing into a wall at 60mph...

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Retrim it, or if you can find a new one, replace it...I went for the Renault sport cup racer wheel, but you'd need to get it trim'd to suit the silver. Search for Big Iain.

V6 PH1
how much do you think a retrim would cost? I know someone who can 'repair' it but not sure how long that would last? its a shame as the interior is mint apart from that

^ speak to Mikeyk18 on here, I have one of his re trimmed wheels on mine, it so much better than the cack neoprine OE one.

- pics of the beast too please.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Craig are the wheels in our cars meant to be leather or Alcantara?.....mine is due a re trim, and was thinking of having an Alcantara re trim to match doors and gearstick gaitor

Neoprine mate, it's a sort of plasticy/rubber material (same as in a phase1 172)

Alcantra to match the gear gaitor etc will look cool.