ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Close encounters........of the porsche kind!!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Is it just me that wants to punch the woman in the passenger seat?!

Wtf was she doing the stupid *****!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Lol! I did wonder what she was doing holding on to his wrist after the incident.

Probably going to hold her bf/husbands arm, whilst saying something along the lines of "oh my god, are you ok? F*ck me that was close!"

The evasive action was done at that point, so it seemed a perfectly normal reaction to me.

Especially after the 911's splitter tried to do a Massa on them lol!!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
did he stop to check if the porsche driver was ok?

From BTG:

A lot of people are commenting that the Megabusa should stop immediately. I'll dispense with the official version (you must stop) and go with some common sense. Would YOU stop there? With debris covering the entry and apex of a blind, fast, left-hander?

Maybe you'd want an uninsured English car to flatten you and your own car?
How about just looking ahead and making a REAL plan. This is what I'd do in this situation:

• Slow down, move to the right.
  • Look for the ORANGE barrier paint that denotes a sheltered area. In this location there's a fantastic parking spot on the right before Aremberg.
  • Park off the track
  • Give your mobile phone with the emergency number (0800 0302 112) to the passenger, tell them to report the closest post number visible and what's happened
  • If you have a flag and want to help; STAY BEHIND THE BARRIER and move back towards the oncoming traffic and the accident.
  • Keep going past the accident until you are giving people sufficient time to slow down.
Of course, every accident is different and there might be factors that we don't know about. Like aliens.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
From BTG:

A lot of people are commenting that the Megabusa should stop immediately. I'll dispense with the official version (you must stop) and go with some common sense. Would YOU stop there? With debris covering the entry and apex of a blind, fast, left-hander?

Maybe you'd want an uninsured English car to flatten you and your own car?
How about just looking ahead and making a REAL plan. This is what I'd do in this situation:

• Slow down, move to the right.
  • Look for the ORANGE barrier paint that denotes a sheltered area. In this location there's a fantastic parking spot on the right before Aremberg.
  • Park off the track
  • Give your mobile phone with the emergency number (0800 0302 112) to the passenger, tell them to report the closest post number visible and what's happened
  • If you have a flag and want to help; STAY BEHIND THE BARRIER and move back towards the oncoming traffic and the accident.
  • Keep going past the accident until you are giving people sufficient time to slow down.
Of course, every accident is different and there might be factors that we don't know about. Like aliens.

That's all well and good but we know that CS law dictates you must stop immediately without any consideration of your own safety or that of vehicles coming around the blind bend/over the crest.

That was a proper heart in mouth moment.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Probably going to hold her bf/husbands arm, whilst saying something along the lines of "oh my god, are you ok? F*ck me that was close!"

The evasive action was done at that point, so it seemed a perfectly normal reaction to me.

Yeah I'd imagine it was more of a nervous reaction to what they'd just witnessed.
Lols, appears not. Both just gave him the 'you f**king helmet' stare.
They should've stopped really, but that corner is such a fast corner (120 in a Clio if pushing on) it's potentially an opportunity to get cleaned up by another car that's out of control on porsche debris. Tough call.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
That's all well and good but we know that CS law dictates you must stop immediately without any consideration of your own safety or that of vehicles coming around the blind bend/over the crest.

That was a proper heart in mouth moment.
I'll be honest and upfront here, if that was me 'self preservation' would kick in and I'd pull up around the next corner.

I read it as Megabus first time round:eek: expecting to see an actual coach on there & something happen. Then I saw a daft bint grab on to her dudes arm :rolleyes:

RB Clio 182
She reminds me of

Bruce-Lee.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

The porsche was still spinning in a cloud of smoke in front of them, they were hardly out of danger?? lol

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I expected this to be that clio video.

Savage shunt though, must have been doing some when he lost it.
That had the potential to be all starting to go wrong at 160mph if he was on the pace. It feels fast in that section at 135 in a Clio, but when the Porsches overtake you it makes you feel like your doing about 70!!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Oops could of ended badly.

Lol at the people going on about the woman, she was clearly a bit scared, silly thing to do maybe but fear obviously took over common sense. Use your noggins guys.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Oops could of ended badly.

Lol at the people going on about the woman, she was clearly a bit scared, silly thing to do maybe but fear obviously took over common sense. Use your noggins guys.

I've been passenger in several accidents both on the road and on track. At no point have I even considered grabbing the drivers hand! Lol.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I've been passenger in several accidents both on the road and on track. At no point have I even considered grabbing the drivers hand! Lol.

I'm sure every single person in the world acts the same way as you in similar circumstances too Daniel.. Lol.

I agree its stupid but come on, its not all that surprising that she did it if you use your head.