ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clunk sound when breaking then the traction and serv light came on?!

Iceberg 172
I was toddling along in slow moving traffic, applying the breaks to slow down. Then a clunking sound, similar to the sound of hitting a pot hole, occurs. Immediately, the serv and ESP light comes on. Well the triangle one with the swerving car on it?! The main answers I can find relate to the abs rings which would be an easy fix. But I figured the abs would have came on? What are your guys suggestion? Are the abs rings universal? Recently had the drive shaft changed on the drivers side but the sound came from the passenger side, so thinking of nabbing that off to test it?

Iceberg 172
Well took it out for a drive today which totaled about 30 minutes. The esp light didn't come on and toggled fine with the switch. The serv light wasn't even on. Tried some braking and nothing either?! Got the car up to 70 too and nothing? Maybe just a funny five from all the diving and pitching on West country roads? Going to have a gander at the abs rings tomorrow after a clean and then if it occurs again go and get the codes read, or should I get them done anyway?

BG Clio 182/RR Sport
Well took it out for a drive today which totaled about 30 minutes. The esp light didn't come on and toggled fine with the switch. The serv light wasn't even on. Tried some braking and nothing either?! Got the car up to 70 too and nothing? Maybe just a funny five from all the diving and pitching on West country roads? Going to have a gander at the abs rings tomorrow after a clean and then if it occurs again go and get the codes read, or should I get them done anyway?

Try the brake pedal sensor! the code you mention can be triggered by a poor connection. Simply apply brake pedal with your hand, then with other hand unclip sensor!! with pedal applied replace sensor!! rememeber to have ignition on!! if it doesnt work repeat!! failing that you can get a new sensor for about 12english!!

all the best

nick