ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilover Benefits?

SchwepTek™
Been offered some H&Rs at a very good price but being a poor student it is still a lot of money to me.

Help me decide whether i should buy them or not.

Benefits over my cup suspension would be really helpful too! :)

there not adjustible but they have very very good reviews from people on here that have them fitted, i dont think iv ever been in a car with them on... but they are highly rated,

i guess it comes down to personal preference, how low you want the car to ride, what you use the car for... will you get a proper set up etc etc

SchwepTek™
Well it isnt really going to be tracked, maybe the odd occasion. Wouldnt mind it a bit lower though and there doesnt seem to be any decent springs that lower 182s by much.

106 GTi
I had a brief drive in Loonys 182 running them and loved it, rides better then the standard set up, lots less crashy over bumps, and feels superb in the bends. Would have a set in an instant if the car was not staying factory fresh.

Black 172 ph2
Defo big up the H&R's just bought a set brand new and fitted them the other day. The ride is amazing not far off standard interms of comfort but wen you want to throw it rounds corners it handles!!! I have got the back wound all the way down and the front to match but still plenty of coils left!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
You definitely don't want H&R's :rasp:

You can have my GAZ Coilovers which can give you a very nice ride height for £200 and everything is included in that :D

Golf R soon...
You definitely don't want H&R's :rasp:

You can have my GAZ Coilovers which can give you a very nice ride height for £200 and everything is included in that :D

If you want to go lower than the H&R's then the GAZ coilovers will do the trick!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Well said DazG ;)

I love the look I get frojm the GAZ Coilovers and the Ride isn't as bad as ppl say aslong as set up right :)