ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

coilovers or lowering kit

clio 1.6vvt dynamique s
Hi im new to this can any 1 point me in the right direction im after some coilovers or lowering springs with shocks for my new shape renault clio 1.6vvt dynamique s 2005 model, can any1 help? Cheers

coilovers end of. close thread ;)

ktec racing could point you into the right direction, not theres a lot of places you could try. There might be a group buy going on, on the for sale section

Mk6 Fiesta Zs
check out BioHzrds MK3, that'l make your mind up tbh. think its on Weitec coils. could be wrong though...

clio 1.6vvt dynamique s
im also after an exhaust i was under my car and noticed it didnt have a join from the back box to the middle section and middle section 2 the cat its just 1 complete thing??:S

Titanium 182
Why are people so obsessed by coilovers? Is it the flexibility in height you get with them?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, unless properly setup, corner weighted etc. a standard car, or one with a decent spring and shock setup will trounce one with a cheap pair of badly setup coilovers.

They look fantastic though, and I'm yet to have a go in a Clio with them fitted so I'll give everyone the benefit of the doubt until I do!

clio 1.6vvt dynamique s
or am i stupid in saying corsa b 1.4 sport rear shortend shocks and springs would fit my clio? am just going by the rear springs look the same never really compared the rear shocks, any 1 no?

Renault Clio 172
getting my coilovers fitted wednesday cant wait, feel like a little kid whos got a late xmas prezzie, im going for gaz coilies from ktec :)

or am i stupid in saying corsa b 1.4 sport rear shortend shocks and springs would fit my clio? am just going by the rear springs look the same never really compared the rear shocks, any 1 no?

Oh man, I'd say your stupid!

Pikey option or what

Also Mark has made some good points in the above post

Static Low
i got apex 60mm kit and it was a huge mistake !
what a waste of money !

the coilies are the boy

Why are people so obsessed by coilovers? Is it the flexibility in height you get with them?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, unless properly setup, corner weighted etc. a standard car, or one with a decent spring and shock setup will trounce one with a cheap pair of badly setup coilovers.

They look fantastic though, and I'm yet to have a go in a Clio with them fitted so I'll give everyone the benefit of the doubt until I do!

Agreed but thee few decient dampers and springs sets out there for the money you could buy a good coilover kit