ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

coilovers or lowering springs

clio campus sport1.2
hi, ive just bought a clio campus sport 16v 1.2ltr (56 plate) and i have no knowledge of the car at all. ive been trying to find some lowering springs or coilovers for the car but i cant seem to find ones that fit mine.
any help on what i need to look for?? would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
  Flame Red 172
I have lowering springs which i never fit on my car. I bough them like 40mm the price is 30 £

Clio 2.0 16v 182
Yeah but there's more that could go wrong with springs than with a whole new spring&damper set up. And usually coilovers have warranty or guarantees

Listerine & Poledo
thanks, if i keep the car for a few years then i guess spending that bit extra would be worth it
Dont bet on it.
Modifying is a slippery slope, first it's about a 30mm drop, next you'll want to try and make a 1.2 go fast.
At which point, you have 2 options
1) Keep burning money, hand-over fist, and get nowhere faster
2) Sell the car and buy one with more pep from the factory. This, of course, means that most of the parts you've bought will, likely, be of no use any more.
ON TOPIC: It's a relatively new-ish vehicle, I'd say you'd be alright to just slap some lowering springs on it. Unless you want to go retardedly-low, or have some knackered stock-shocks already, coilovers aren't really necessary.

My car has Eibach Pro kit springs on it on KYB dampers, the ride is firm for sure but I wouldn't describe it as harsh and handling is excellent. It isn't so low that it bottoms out either.

I have had cheaper springs (apex) on another car in the past and they were dreadful, poor ride, poor handling, they didn't fit properly and the coils would hit against each other on bumps.