ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

coilovers v-maxx

Ph2 172 (black bean)
Ok i know there is the sticky at the top and yes I've read through it but I'm thinking of getting these fitted and wanted to see how people rate them now and if they're worth fitting or if there has been any further issues.

Also how harsh is the ride with them fitted?

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I've had my Vmaxx fitted for 7 months now and I haven't had any issues. Handling is better than standard suspension and ride is only harsh if you have the back set too low. I've got about a 40 to 50mm drop all round and nice bit of negative camber :D

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Mine have been great. You can feel every bump in the road but the handling improvement over standard easily justifies the loss in ride comfort.

Adz

Work van
they are fab ive got mine about 90mm at the front and all the way down at the rear handling is great and ride isnt too harsh at all. It is all down to the road surface. If it is a crap road ride is bumpy just take it easy and you will be fine best thing ive done to my car yet. get they you wont regret it ;) have a look at my project thread to get an idea of how low it is http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=470697

Civic Em1, Civic Eg4
I have only had mine fitted about 2months, but got to say, There awesome.
Handling is so much better, Ride can be abit thrashy at times, but then thats all down to how low you take them. The Vmaxx coilovers arnt anywhere near as bumpy as my Cobra springs though.

Ph2 172 (black bean)
Now I'm stuck on what to do, the cars going down to JMS next friday to have their stage 2 package done and I'm sooooo tempted to get the coilovers fitted at the same time just means a bill close to £1000 for everything.

FPOS Productions™ 172 FR
no complaints from me, had them on a few months now... roads round here arent the best in places, and yes it sounds awful when you hit the pot holes. Other than that, Bob on....

Ph2 172 (black bean)
I'm soo tempted, thing is this car is meant to be a stop gap until we move and then the misses will have it. Looks like she's going to end up with a little beast.

Charged Superleggera
i would defo recommend them. ive had mines on for the last 2k miles and the car feel alot tighter and more planted.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I took mine off cos there to hard, but I drive down roads with grass growing in the middle, and I could drive faster with standard suspension round the evo triangle.

Westfield
I got nothing but praise for them, car feels glued to the road.. can be bit harsh on really bad roads... but theres alot of speedbumps near me also and it handles them fine..