ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilpack and O2 sensor question

R26
Only a few days into Clio ownership and the car packs in, ah well! As with loads of other people, emission light has flashed on and off, car is idling very erratic, misfiring on several cylinders all the time (its struggle to stop it stalling) and is totaly undrivable.

Reading threads, it could be coil pack, sparks, lamda or aching leads. Checked the leads, no problems that I can see. I am picking up a generic Coil pack that is sold as working on the 182 from GSF 2nite, if that solves that problem am I likely to see a reduction in performance? (Speaking from light aircraft experience, when using reserve coil pack it is massively noticable)

If coilpack brings no joy, where abouts is the lambda sensor and will unplugging it temporarily reset the ECU to using a default setting that, although burning wrongly, will atleast let me know if the sensor is at fault? (Worked whilst testing my old 320D)

Lastly, I will need to check the sparks, they look very hard to access needing intake manifold to be removed? Am i being blind or is this the case.

Many thanks and I will post an update when coilpack is changed!
Ben

330Ci Clubsport
unplug the lambda to test it

inlet manifold (upper part) has to come off to get the plugs out but its only like 8 small bolts and a couple of plugs/pipes. 10mins would whip it off.

doubt you would see a problem with a HT lead tbh might be cracked inside.

R26
Cheers for reply, which one is the lambda sensor mate? They're normally obvious but can't work out which one it is on the Clio. There are loadsa sensors and plugs around the airintake, had a look on google for a picture but nothing. Dont fancy unplugging the wrong one lol

I'll take off the manifold and check the sparks if easy. Just didn't fancy getting half way though n getting that "oh s**t, this is harder than it looks" moment where you're in way too deep but its more hassle to go back than forward lol

330Ci Clubsport
nah removing the manifold is easy enough. there are two lamdas both plug into the exhaust, before and after the cat converter.

R26
That makes more sense, I had in my head that lamda sensor was same as mass air flow sensor so I was looking at the air intake. Will take a look
Cheers

R26
Coil pack didnt make a different. I found and unplugged post cat sensor, no change, even with car jacked up I cant find the plug for the precat, following the wire it seems to disappear into the engine bay.