ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Considering a 182. Talk to me !

BG 182FF
I'm considering a 182 as my next car. As you can tell due to me being a member on here, I have previously owned a Clio sport, a ph2 172 cup. I loved the car but it was bough on impulse and if I'm honest wasn't the right car for my needs. However I did love it but still had to part. Iv owned several cars since but still find myself wanting another.
SO........ I have some questions

do all Clio 182s have cruise control (big deciding factor for me)

if I were to sit at 70 on the motorway on the cruise control could I average 40mpg, maybe more???
im not fussed about fuel consumption around town (after all it is a 182) so long as the mway consumption is good enough as I drive 500 miles on the mway in a round trip every fortnight.

Are any modifications required for the fitment of turinis and will it require spacers once lowered to fill the arches.
im sure ill come across more queries but if anyone can help answer my question I'd be really grateful as I'm seriously debating going back French :)

Not all 182's do. Those specced as "cup" do not.

The standard 182 and cup packed 182 both have cruise.

At 70 you could see 40mpg I'd have thought. Lots of mpg threads on here. On 98ron my 182 did 34 mpg average town and motorway over 15,000 and used to give it hell on the motorways lol.

​Turinis are a straight fit. Trophy ones are the correct offset of et45 iirc. 172 cup items will protrude slightly more if fitted to a 182 at et38 iirc?! Someone should be able to confirm that.

Do you know what I am going mad. I literally read cruise control and thought about climate control.

I believe my statement refers to Climate lol. 182 Cup's got regular air con.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Do you know what I am going mad. I literally read cruise control and thought about climate control.

I believe my statement refers to Climate lol. 182 Cup's got regular air con.

This is correct lol my car doesn't have climate control.

BG 182FF
My Trophy has CC too. Get a Trophy. Join the elite.

Dont like trophy colour tbh. And I don't think I could justify drivin a car (the colour of which I don't even like ) purely for recaro seats and a trophy badge.

im pretty set on a regular 182ff with turinis.

Just need reassurance it can get me my 40-45mpg on the cruise control at 70 on the mway.
thats all I'm fussed about really

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
You should see 40mpg easy tbh. Maybe a little more, depending on how you drive.

BG 182FF
But for what I want the car for that's all I would feel the benefit of. The car gets driven on a weekend that's it. I'm not gonna be using the car for any sort of track driving. It's gonna be a bit of fun when I want it to be, yet comfortable and economical enough to take on a motorway run

40 mpg or there abouts is achievable if you drive steady ! But you will have to drive steady ! If your after MPG alone I really wouldn't look at a Cliosport mate , they can get 40-45 even but I've only seen my 182 do it once ! But I don't do a lot of motorway driving !

And for the record as stated cups don't come with cruise control , but a cup packed one will ! If that makes sense ? Lol

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
40 mpg or there abouts is achievable if you drive steady ! But you will have to drive steady ! If your after MPG alone I really wouldn't look at a Cliosport mate , they can get 40-45 even but I've only seen my 182 do it once ! But I don't do a lot of motorway driving !

And for the record as stated cups don't come with cruise control , but a cup packed one will ! If that makes sense ? Lol

As I already stated (for the record...) Yes they do!! All 182's have it but only a few 172's have it.

I picked up my 182 FF today, its an awesome car and I love it!
I drove it 280 miles from Durham to my house, I was trying my best to see what the best mpg achievable was. I set cruise and sat between 60 and 70 mph and also tried without, the highest i saw my mpg computer show after the near on 4 hour drive was 37mpg.
I may have done something wrong, but I'm unsure how these people are getting the 45+ mpg they claim

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I drove it 280 miles from Durham to my house, I was trying my best to see what the best mpg achievable was. I set cruise and sat between 60 and 70 mph and also tried without, the highest i saw my mpg computer show after the near on 4 hour drive was 37mpg.
I may have done something wrong, but I'm unsure how these people are getting the 45+ mpg they claim

Well serviced, well maintained = likelihood of greater MPG. It's not as if 37 is bad for the sort of performance you get? I can easily get over 40, I'm on about 35 at the moment without the car seeing any steady driving/motorway miles.

FF RB 182
Get about 37mpg on a run, but getting 28 at moment driving to work on country roads and into town.

Did you reset the trip/mpg before you left? It works out over longer and longer otherwise ! But mines serviced every 6k with good oil and filters and I struggle to see 40mpg depends on your driving style I guess !

The one I collected today has FSH, isn't due a service either, no flat tyres, tracking all seems ok when driving it
im not saying 37 is bad, I wasn't expecting that much to be honest! But I can't see how people achieve 45?
Does running standard unleaded and 98 Ron make much difference?

And another thought, its obviously an average mpg clock. So if you hop on the motorway and your cars been seeing 20mpg for the last fortnight then it will take quite a while to creep its self back up even if your car sits at a steady 40mpg for an hour or so. The easiest way would be to reset that counter as you hit the motor way

When you're viewing your MPG, just click the trip reset button.

Yeah you can set the trip miles separate but if you use the stork to go over the mpg the press the button on the dash it'll go blank for a bit but then it'll be very sensitive because it works out how many miles you've done to how much fuel straight away so if you drive very steady straight away it'll see 45mpg odd ! But the more you drive the better the reading !

Ill get some pictures of mine up tomorrow. I've always owned Hondas or vws and I'm a vw tech by trade so always considdered Renault "French s**t" (which it is btw) but I already love mine and the way it handles is awesome!!

Ill get some pictures of mine up tomorrow. I've always owned Hondas or vws and I'm a vw tech by trade so always considdered Renault "French s**t" (which it is btw) but I already love mine and the way it handles is awesome!!

Haha snap I'm a Ford and Nissan tech , worked at a jap import place for a year or two as well in between ! I said I'd never own a French piece of plop ! Bought my 182 and I love it ! Pain in the arse work on, and everything's back to front , but it never fails to make me smile :)

You picked up a 182 today and chased mpg figures? Seems strange to me!

​I picked one up today too and came the scenic route home over the snake pass etc... I didn't get 37mpg! Lol

You picked up a 182 today and chased mpg figures? Seems strange to me!

​I picked one up today too and came the scenic route home over the snake pass etc... I didn't get 37mpg! Lol

I drove 280 miles on a motorway for 4 hours, picked the car up then drove back 280 miles. It cost me £130 to fuel my mates car up to get us there and back, so saving a few quid wasn't going to hurt. Plus where's the fun in racing on a motorway

Haha snap I'm a Ford and Nissan tech , worked at a jap import place for a year or two as well in between ! I said I'd never own a French piece of plop ! Bought my 182 and I love it ! Pain in the arse work on, and everything's back to front , but it never fails to make me smile :)

Your not far from me in stoke! I think I read your build the other day, I love where your heading with yours by the way!
Regarding buying French. Is it just me or did the initial thought of owning Renault make you sick lol
my mates, family, lads at work etc have constantly ribbed me! I even thought they might be right, then I drove it

182 Cup
After I had my cambelt done with the timing done right (it was off a bit) I managed 44.6mpg on the way down to Llandow for the trackday on cruise control, just below 70.

Averaged 33mpg for the whole trip including track time. My car has a RSTuner 98RON map, and a Miltek, other than that its standard. Easily achievable if you drive sensibly. I'm now averaging 34mpg including town traffic and b-roads to work.

Your not far from me in stoke! I think I read your build the other day, I love where your heading with yours by the way!
Regarding buying French. Is it just me or did the initial thought of owning Renault make you sick lol
my mates, family, lads at work etc have constantly ribbed me! I even thought they might be right, then I drove it

Ahhhave to catch up at the meets then mate! Thanks very much appreciate it !

Haha never made me feel sick but always thought something down on them , still get constitantly rib'd my all my mates with type Rs etc but I just say have a drive , not one persons come back and not been smiling !
Cars a car at the end of a day badges aren't everything ! If they make you happy then that to me is it's purpose , 182bhp or 282 doesnt matter as long as your happy

Ahhhave to catch up at the meets then mate! Thanks very much appreciate it !

Haha never made me feel sick but always thought something down on them , still get constitantly rib'd my all my mates with type Rs etc but I just say have a drive , not one persons come back and not been smiling !
Cars a car at the end of a day badges aren't everything ! If they make you happy then that to me is it's purpose , 182bhp or 282 doesnt matter as long as your happy

I totally agree, when a car feels that good who cares what badge it wears! I've had ep3's an ek9, a turbo b18c4 eg sir running 300+ bhp and id still say this would be more fun in the twisties!
when is the next stoke meet? Its a good hour if not more from me. But still local enough to come along to? Also, what section are worcester meets under?

I totally agree, when a car feels that good who cares what badge it wears! I've had ep3's an ek9, a turbo b18c4 eg sir running 300+ bhp and id still say this would be more fun in the twisties!
when is the next stoke meet? Its a good hour if not more from me. But still local enough to come along to? Also, what section are worcester meets under?

Not quite certain I know stoke meets are west mids ! There's a west mids one Monday that's Wolverhampton way iirc!