ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Considering a Macbook Pro worth the cash?

Honda Civic EP2
I need something to replace my hinge-less dell studio 17. Looking at the new Macbook Pro 17 with its hefty price tag of £1800 is it worth all that money?

I'd like to be able to do a wide range of tasks such as gaming and graphic design, but I'm not completely sure if it could cope will all the top range games right now?

Any help would be fantastic, or even suggest me something that would take my cash elsewhere?

Thanks

Edit:mad: Staff.. This question isnt completely about the macbook but laptops in general, didnt mean to mislead the title.

17" MBP is huuuuuuuuge.

If you're buying one that big, I'm guessing you don't take it anywhere that often? In which case, you can get a 27" iMac and an iPad. DONE!

Honda Civic EP2
I'd be taking it to college everyday and use it in my graphics class, the macs that they have are awful!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
If your used to a 17" laptop then go for it.

i'd rather a 15" for portability, or maybe even an air and use the college's displays if required?

Honda Civic EP2
Silly question is silly.

P.S. I don't think carrying one of them to college everyday is a good idea.

I won't be carrying an iMac lol!

If your used to a 17" laptop then go for it.

i'd rather a 15" for portability, or maybe even an air and use the college's displays if required?

I have owned a 17" laptop and I think that screen size is ideal for me.
Yup.

The 27" is the best thing Apple make.

Any flaws what so ever? 2011 model or not?

Honda Civic EP2
Fair comment Adam. Really tempted by the iMac now.. I find something I want, then something else pops up and I'm just afraid to put that much money into something.

197 FF Glacier White
I've recently bought a 15" MBP, a little disappointed to be honest, it's not really any better than my slightly older Unibody MacBook! Still, looks better on the desk and the build quality is epic, resale is solid too, I might sell it on in 12 months and get a MBA to fit in my camera kit bag.

I'd go for an iMac and iPad combo, I only recently gave in and bought a pad, really impressive kit.

I've been using (personally) only Mac gear now since the late 90s, nothing has impressed me more than the iPad so far!

G

chumpmobile
17 is f**king megabig! can you even get that in a rucksack that is not as big as the centre of the earth?!?

get a 15 or an iMac imo

Honda Civic EP2
I want to use it to replace my laptop. Browse the internet, store a lot of media, play a lot of media, graphic design, image editing, gaming and a lot of stuff like that.

I can live without a laptop but ideally I could do with a tablet aswell

chumpmobile
one thing i would say is that macs are not good for gaming! limited games, not THAT good gaming etc

Rav4
As stated, get an iMac 27" and an iPad. If you want games, buy yourself a PS3/Xbox360/Other console.

Honda Civic EP2
Thanks guys. I'll look into the iMac as much as I can and go from there, would be silly for me not to get an ipad aswell when I think of it.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I have a 27" iMac and a 15" MBP for day to day stuff and TBH even the 15" MBP is too big.

If you're lugging it around each day I'd go for a high-end 13".