ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cookie's Golf R32

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I went to two different dealers, the first one the guy was an apocalyptic prick, the second i didn't even have to argue it, the boy said he could see it was a factory issue and just said they'd have it looking spot on.

He did also say if the sills are bad they would be replacing the 3/4's altogether :-|

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Definitely take it to at least 2 Terry, it's not a cheap fix so better out of their pocket!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Genuinely hate the car at this point. Both front tyres deflate on demand now, was fine on the one I had repaired 3 times for a few weeks, now it's gone back to usual. Front brakes were changed a few weeks ago and are fine. Rears wouldn't come off because of some stupid bolts, and they weren't so bad so still not done.

Balljoints are sat in t'unit waiting for a free weekend before they go on.

Anyone want to buy a Golf?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Yeah if I'd have bought another one, I doubt I'd have had any of these issues. It's why I'm leasing the next car and never buying a second hand car ever again.
If it makes you feel better mate I'm bad at dealing in 2nd hand cars. When I'm selling I just want it gone and when I'm buying I want the first one I see. When you behave like that, it makes new cars look a lot more attractive money wise.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Piece of s**t car will be having it's wheels taken off soon and refurbed/fixed. Probably next week. Hopefully solves the issue of the constantly leaking rims. Also need to get hold of some new wheel centres as the existing ones are proper fucked (plus the wheel nut covers, also discoloured and horrible).

Then maybe I can go a month without having to repair or replace something on it, but we'll see.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Taking the tyres off and re-sealing would fix it no doubt. It's normally a bit of corrosion on the lip of the alloy that does this, if it's not the valve.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Taking the tyres off and re-sealing would fix it no doubt. It's normally a bit of corrosion on the lip of the alloy that does this, if it's not the valve.
It didn't help long term. It's been resealed once and had 3 new valves. The reseal slowed it down for maybe 2 weeks, but it's deflating just as quickly again.

Evo 5 RS
I came close to wanting an Evo when I was looking at Rolfs. Should have bought one. Or a Scoob. Or even a Megane.

Rolf Harris has an Evo?

Buy mine. I've actually only listed it here, as if I put it on Lancer Register or PH it would sell in a heartbeat. I'm not sure I could watch it drive away yet.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Still own this piece of s**t, somehow.

Wheels were refurbed today at Paint It in Billericay, finish looks pretty good.

We'll see if it solves the issue with the constant tyre deflation.

Haven't taken a proper picture yet because the car is utterly filthy (outside hasn't been cleaned in 6 weeks at least)

Here's one of them:

14922973_10154443316746917_387134919_o.jpg

Next on the cards is to actually fit the new rear pads and discs, and the new lower balljoints.. hopefully that'll be the end of the spending for this year, but who f**king knows

Oh and buy new centre caps and bolts/bolt covers. Unfortunately she wants a bathroom, so that's taken all of my stupid car money, and I have to put up with the Golf :(

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Aside from the fact you have issues with it, if it actually worked as it should what would your opinion on it be?
When it's not annoying me it's a fantastic car, and all I probably need at the moment. I'll have to check the car, but I think I've done 4 or 5k in it since April

The noises it makes are hilarious, you can punt it out of roundabouts with gay abandon regardless of the weather conditions. Seems to matter not a f**king bit whether its dry or sopping wet out. Comfortable on long journeys, I could do with fitting cruise for the few moments where the M25 isn't a car park but that's about it interior wise.

I think I average 22mpg around town, maybe 26mpg combined. Long run at 50-70 on motorways and it'll touch 30mpg.. I don't really do enough miles to care about fuel economy. It isn't used for commuting, and could go 3 - 4 days without being used sometimes.

It'll last me until I have money for a toy again, until she decides she wants a kitchen. Or windows.

Those aren't the wheelnuts Ginge, those are wheel bolt covers made of plastic. The bolts are probably worse.

Running total to date of what I've bought/spent on the car

2 new wheel bearings on the front were ~100 quid combined for pattern parts
Brakes all round from EBC were err somewhere between 3-400, can't remember the number. Only the fronts changed so far as the rears had seized bolts
3 trips to a shitty tyre fitter, only cost me a tenner total there
8 quid to change the breakdown cover over was very helpful when I remembered to do it 4 months after owning the car, when the car decided to be an arsehole and breakdown on the M25 3 days later (driveshaft bolt worked its way loose as we hadn't loctite'd bolt up) #skittles
Wheel refurb was 285 all in
Lower balljoints were err 14 quid each maybe, not fitted yet
Haldex service was err something, probably in the thread.

Aside from the annoying issue with the leaky wheel, it's all consumables and maintenance of a 10 year old car where all the suspension components are starting to come to the end of their useful life

Last edited:
So its been a generally reliable car which has performed as expected, barring some TLC which could all have been done in a week after you bought it?

FLOL at the highest spec car in the range not having cruise though.