ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cooksport lowering springs on a Trophy

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Has anyone done this yet? Just wondering how it drove and looked.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Not seen them on a trophy but there is a few 182s with them on

Right time for a quick bump of this...

I have now had Cooksports on my T for a week :) A point to note, my front Sachs dampers are in good condition, refurbed recently and no leaks... Rears however are cup shocks, awaiting new Sachs/Koni's to go on.

Ride - Ever so slightly firmer. I think it's unchanged, but the GF thinks the car rides just a bit harder than previously.

Handling - Almost unchanged, turn in is still pin sharp, the rear end is still playful. Feels planted through corners and communicates well through the steering wheel when you reach the limits of grip. I think the lower COG is slightly noticeable but not enough so that I'd say it improves handling, more so from a confidence point of view if that makes sense.

Height - Slightly too low at the back IMO. Looks the same as all the other 1*2's on Cooksports, IMO, drops the rear about 5mm too much or the front 5mm too little (maybe that's the stiffer shocks).

Future updates:

I'll get some pictures up over the weekend if possible. I'm also going to start playing around with geo settings and stiffness on the front shocks as soon as I have some Koni's/Sach's to match on the rear. I'll report back findings once this is done.