ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cool Mods For Skint People....

Clio 1.4 16v Dynamique
Interior LED and Number Plate Lights from the Group Buy :D Look real good at night!!

SNV30096.gif

Silvatec Indicator Bulbs also a must

SNV30079.jpg

and Number Plates

SNV30088.jpg

SNV30090.jpg

where did you get those plates from? and how much? cheers

133/225/CLS AMG
I think the cheapest/best mod I've done would be the interior LED kit in my Megane. Cost me £25 for all 8 interior bulbs -

Interior1-1.jpg

Evo 6, E92 320d
Make your car sound like its got a sports exhaust on for nothing!*
Step 1: put down rear seats(take out parcel shelf as well for more noise)
Step 2: put your foot down:)

*Please note that this is only effective from the inside, people outside won't notice.

182 Cup
For any 182 cup or Trophy owners - buy the Renault stalk with the wiper controls from the 182ff to give more control over the annoying intermittent wipers. All the electrics are there, just need to fit it.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
There is loads of cheap mods you can do and make your car look great!

debadge
silvervisions
led side lights
xenons
interior lights
new plates
colour coding
splitter
cleaning!!!

Blk/Gold 182 FF
which type of LED side lights are people buying? i got ones which are kinda white in colour but are not atal bright! they look kinda dull :S any ideas?

172 Race Car
Now this is my kind of thread. My car has dozens of cheep (some have said pikey) mods. Here goes........

Brake cooling for track use. Pipercross caf kit off ebay and some scrap plastic

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showpost.php?p=4039791&postcount=353

cup racer (style) tow eye, omp off ebay

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showpost.php?p=4172049&postcount=425

Custom induction kit, needs the battery relocating to the boot and ecu moved. all the bits cost me around 75 quid.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showpost.php?p=4274402&postcount=477

fabia vrs
best cheap mods for £100: RS grill £45
Pressed plates £30
Rainbow bulbs £15
Uprated headlight bulbs from £10

RB 200 Cup!
Make your car sound like its got a sports exhaust on for nothing!*
Step 1: put down rear seats(take out parcel shelf as well for more noise)
Step 2: put your foot down:)

*Please note that this is only effective from the inside, people outside won't notice.

lol!

Clio 1.6 16v 2002
good thread, silvervisions
smooth bumpers, colour code
springs
front rear and side badges in white :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
if my budget was £100 id go for....

Non RS Clio - Apex -60mm springs (save up for dampers at a later date) spend the rest on getting the tracking done properly

RS Clio - Decat (you probably already have a stainless system as the original fell off a few times!) maby fit an ITG filter in there too if you shop about ;)

FREE MODS!
Strip interior to raise the BHP/Tonne and make the car feel a bit more responsive from a handling point of view

172/182 Remove the cold air feed from the airbox coming from the acustic valve to get a deep induction roar on full throttle (or remove the full accustic valve if you want!, but i usually just pull the hose out and tuck it up by the battery!)

1.2 16v (possibly others never tryed) As above you can also remove the cold air feed from the airbox to get a SLIGHTLY deeper induction noise which seems to come in around 2.5k revs, nothing like the noise you get on the 2.0's though! but you'll notice it :)

remove the centre caps from the alloys, tbh in my opinion this only suits really low tarty looking cars like my old one, it looked awesome on coilovers with the 15" dynamique wheels with no centre caps!

This one isnt so much a mod but more an improvement that can be made, check your tyre pressures!! the ammount of cars ive worked on or driven that have had dodgey tyre pressures causing it to drop MPG, Loose Performance and really affect handling, its a simple easy 5 minute job that can give you a MPG increase, Performance increase AND handling increase, you cant really beat that (i run 33psi front 30psi rear(which i beleive is what the handbook says but have a play about see what you prefer!)

ibiza cupra
dildodash.gif

also comes with seat mounted vibrating one too.
my missis wants one but she said that the clios plastic texture would cause friction so it would have to be glass lol