ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Covering bad Scratches

A4 Avant & A3
Hi All,
I've got some bad scratching on the rear arch of my car, I'm guessing it's a repair at some point that is now rearing it's ugly head as I'm sure they weren't there when I bought the car a few years back, on very careful inspection you can see it's had paint on that corner albeit a good colour match & paint job (to my untrained eye)

But now they look awful!..

I know the answer is going to be getting it painted, but not wanting to spend out on this car now (got 2 new rear springs going on today) I was wondering if any of you guys had any suggestions on anything I can do to tidy it up temporarily. It's a 2004 car with nearly 150k miles now
I appreciate whatever I do won't be perfect, but if I can get it looking a bit better on the cheap that'd be great.
So any suggestions will be great, will look into prices for getting it painted too (any recommendations on places in Bristol?) but, not sure it's worth the money, don't really want a shifty paint job on it as the paint around the scratches looks fine!

P1100231.jpg

I don't own any polishing equipment, as i'm wondering whether they can be touched up with paint & the wet sanded back/polished? but I'd need a machine to do that I guess?... plus knowing me, I'd make it look worse!.

Cheers Guys

A4 Avant & A3
Well.. just picked the car up from having 2 new rear springs, & popped in the local Dentmaster place.
£450+vat to repair that!... reckons it's filler cracking. No quick fixes.
Great, just my luck.

A4 Avant & A3
Probably my best option considering lol.
I want to know what they use in car dealers... we bought a mini in November & the more I wash it the more the scratches are appearing on that too!.. pee's me off.
They're nothing like the picture above but still marks that weren't obvious a few months back!... either that or the Mrs keeps driving through hedges!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Probably my best option considering lol.
I want to know what they use in car dealers... we bought a mini in November & the more I wash it the more the scratches are appearing on that too!.. pee's me off.
They're nothing like the picture above but still marks that weren't obvious a few months back!... either that or the Mrs keeps driving through hedges!

Are you washing it with a brick? 😂

Jme34

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
If you're looking for a suggestion that's nice and easy I always used to use autoglym super resin polish and it would make the 'white' scratches in lacquer disappear for a while. It might not make such a difference if it is filler cracking but worth a try for a sub-tenner from Halfords