ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Craig's 2nd Yella Peril - LY Megane R26

Looking good mate, see your exhausts tips are as wonky as they are on mine. Ive been wanting to get the ends cut off and re done but never got round to it!

Cheers mate. Haha yeah they are a nitemare like, i asked for the tips to be cut off when i got the middle box took out but they couldnt do it :(

Get round tips they look great on these

Thats what i asked the exhaust place to do for me when i got the middle box out, but they said they couldnt do it :( so i might go to another local exhaust place & see if they can do it.

Wire wool and metal polish clean the tips up a treat , on the inside

Ill give that ago if i cant get new tips welded on, as they are abit grubby inside.

R26
I tried cleaning them and gave up on the inside as they are filthy. Few people have had them cut and replaced so don't know why they wouldn't do it.

Ive finally got chance to get on & update this, ive been busy but I've still been doing things to the megane when I've had time. Its just passed its mot & ive put a fresh 6months tax on, absolutely loving it tbh.

Ive had the R26R spoiler painted & me & my dad fitted that, finishes the rear end off now imo.

13969012024_1083583a96_c.jpg

Liquid Yellow R26 by CraigyD7, on Flickr

13968570735_ab2898b7ec_c.jpg

14115361403_eaa9d5ebb7_c.jpg

LY Megane R26 by CraigyD7, on Flickr

As soon as cooksport had the megane springs back in stock i ordered a set. I had to wait a couple of weeks before i had time to fit them but it was worth the wait, they give a nice drop & still settling in. The rears & passenger side was easy to change but everything was seized on the drivers side, heat was needed.

13988558673_e6ddf6046a_c.jpg

13908635269_7afc9a4831_c.jpg

Before picture (not the best as the back looks lower due to the slope on the drive)

13965402262_df1f2262d9_c.jpg

After pics (just at work in the car park)

13965404412_656f653bc7_c.jpg

13968585885_0c6d278ab1_c.jpg

13968583305_baedd95013_c.jpg

Ive also been thinking about going for more than stage 1 power too, so I've bought a RS tuning 3" decat to start things off, a forge recirc valve for abit of chatter.

Ill be getting the following to hopefully get 300/300 power.

Forge intercooler
ITG rerouted induction kit
630cc injectors
3" exhaust

13945461226_8e1a02700d_c.jpg

14095262695_dfe53c2133_c.jpg

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
As always mate, cracking work.

The R26R spoiler is a must imo, finishes off the rear. :cool:

Cheers Scott :)

Its coming along, I'm slowly getting it how i want it. Yeah the spoiler is a must imo.

Ill have a read on your progress thread see hows is coming along, havnt had the time to get on here :( need to update the sunflower thread too.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Cheers Scott :)

Its coming along, I'm slowly getting it how i want it. Yeah the spoiler is a must imo.

Ill have a read on your progress thread see hows is coming along, havnt had the time to get on here :( need to update the sunflower thread too.

Cool mate, there's been a few bits going on with mine. :cool:

Just a little update, car passed it's MOT a couple of weeks go with no advisories & put 6 months Tax on it.

The front tyres needed changing before it's test, I was going to fit federal rsr's as I've got them on the clio & love them but I couldn't get hold of any, so I decided to go for some Nankangs NS2-R's they were £50 cheaper too, it was a good choice as they are brilliant I really like them. Soon as the PS3's need changing on the back I'll be replacing them with the Nankangs.

14155462632_4e9f514e84_c.jpg

Thanks Russ :) After looking at Greg's pics on instagram i know i wouldn't want anymore than 20mm but saying that i think id be happy with just 10mm, i just want the rear wheels out a little bit so they dont look too far in compared to the fronts.

LY Megane R26
Lovley car mate, I just fitted 20mm spacers to the rear of mine and 5mm to the front.
Looks spot on to me!

Lovley car mate, I just fitted 20mm spacers to the rear of mine and 5mm to the front.
Looks spot on to me!

Thanks Scott, do you have any pics of yours with those spacers?

I have 5mm Clio cup racing spacers all around on mine with longer bolts, looks very subtle

Again do you have pictures of yours mate?

love this car! Makes me miss mine everyone we go out in it!

You were stupid getting rid of your for a range rover sport Haha

Will have to wait for @nixiej for that one mate.

Live seen a few pics on their Instagram looks mint bet it looks unreal in person.

Megane Sport F1 :)
Love this Craig!! Il keep my eyes pealed for you as there's not many LY ones around here

Oh and I don't suppose your 20mm spacers are for sale are they? :)

Cheers mate, think there is only two in Middlesbrough now.

Yeah they are forsale but you will have to get some bolts for them, not sure if I already messaged you about them last yr?

I havnt really done much to this tbh not long after getting it maybe 2months I bought the Clio V6 so I put the plans (mods) on hold & just enjoyed driving it, I've replaced the rear PS3 tyres with some Nangkang NS2R track tyres to match the fronts & that's about it, the handling is superb & the tyres have even been good over winter in the snow havnt been stuck once, who needs winter tyres haha.

a>

The car will be up forsale around April time I'd imagine as it looks more than certain I'll be moving to Sydney Australia, it will be hard to let it go as it's been the best car I've owned but somebody else can hopefully enjoy it like I have.

I finally got round to making a video of the exhaust as I removed the middle box after owning it for a few days, sounds so much better than removing the back box, no annoying whistle.