ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Craigyy's Mk2 Euro to be..

Mk6 fiestaaaaaa
Thought i'd start up a wee progress thread as ive been on this since i got my wee clio.
Bought it a few months ago off my girlfriends gran. it had been in a small bump...hense the black bonnet but nothing majour. Its a 1.2 16v with 80000 miles on it. my plans were to just slam it as low as possible but after serious thought that was out the window.
this is a wee pic of when i got it:
Photo0078.jpg

It didnt stay like that for long as the wheel trims managed to roll off and a 60mm lowering kit came along.
After the lowering kit was fitted i set about trying to find a decent cd player....and ended up buying this for a good £120...
image isnt showing for some reason so heres the link.. http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz198/craigyy101/Untitled-1.jpg
You can get council tv off it so its good for when your doing the late weekend taxirun and want to watch match of the day ;)
So a few weeks ago i was skimming the net to find a set of euro wheels but all were about 400-500 for a decent set. then a set of these popped up on ebay which i managed to get...
http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz198/craigyy101/Photo0102.jpg
These came off a bmw e30 so the studs line up but not the centre bore. im debating wether to get them bored out to fit my hubs or get spacers but im in the middle of refurbing them at the moment so these should be fitted very soon. as for the colour im stuck. some people say keep them silver others say black with a whacky coloured rim..:rasp:
I have also bought some motordrive kevlar bucket seats and sparco harnesses so these should keep me nice and snuggly for going around in:D
66972_1539930510421_1599678121_1301146_405705_n.jpg

after the wheels and the wee niggly problems ive got wit the car are fixed my only other plans are to make a false floor for the back and get a sub in the boot where the spare wheel is.
Whats your opinions?:)

Last edited:
  Megane 225 F1
It's not Euro.

Sod the sub and jizz, get some nice alloys, colour code and remove those mtv stickers.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
it would seem nobody is meant to called their own car euro!!

get some mods on the go, i look forward to seeing how it turns out!

clio 1.4 16v dynamic
sub in the spare wheel i done it to a mk6 fiesta and it works with a good quality sub but i had mine hid under carpet it sounded good but i had all underneath it acoustic sound cloth and foam and just fine mdf on top for faulse floor with speaker hole cut out and then carpet on top looked completly standard still but sounds great but once its in u realise it adds tons of weight

Mk6 fiestaaaaaa
it will be a 1.2 8v mate, 16v didnt come out until early 2001

Ahh never knew that..lol i always thought the mk2 1.2's were 16v

sub in the spare wheel i done it to a mk6 fiesta and it works with a good quality sub but i had mine hid under carpet it sounded good but i had all underneath it acoustic sound cloth and foam and just fine mdf on top for faulse floor with speaker hole cut out and then carpet on top looked completly standard still but sounds great but once its in u realise it adds tons of weight

I done this with my old 106 and it sounded great so hopefully it will work as i still want to keep a spare just in case.

As for the arguements about it not being euro the plans ive put up are just until christmas as funds are low at the moment, after the new year it should be getting some nice smoothed bumpers and going lower...:D

Mk6 fiestaaaaaa
Seats are now fitted. just need to take the drivers one out and spray it black and they should be fine. Will get some pics up soon:)

BurrrgundyPh1 banger
same colour as mine! ive been thinking of going the same route as you here, but like most of us, funds are low :( one to watch :)

Mk6 fiestaaaaaa
They look really nice on yours and cant wait to get them fitted, just with christmas and the weather its gonna be a bit slower.

Mk6 fiestaaaaaa
After having my seats in for a few weeks i decided although they look cool, theyr not practical enough for work so theyr on ebay the now and hopefully going to fund for new tyres on the bbs wheels. Got my cd/tv player in now but still lots of work to be done until im happy with it! 2011 will bring alot of new goodies to life.
List to do before febuary is to:
Get wheels bored out and tyres on
Get bonnet smoothed and colour coded
Sort dash out
Exhaust system(decat prov bought)
Go Looooooooooooooooooooow!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Low's 1st buddy thats rule 1 then wheels then worry about the other bits and dont get sucked into the whole it needs to be smooth to be euro because its b****cks

Get it slammed before you spend money on anything else. Get the stance right and everything else will flow from there.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Euro should be on the swear filter. Hate the word.

Coilovers come before anything, always. Always, and ALWAYS.

Mk6 fiestaaaaaa
suppose its coilovers first then eh! lol, Anyone reccommend any decent makes at a decent enough price for a skint 18 year old? lol

Mk6 fiestaaaaaa
After searching for coilovers managed to find a cheap set but as i was waiting for money to go into the bank the last set sold:( so not been doing much really except the wheels are nearlly finished:D should be finishing off painting them between today and tomorrow and getting tyres on them mon-tues. im looking at custom springs the now too as i dont think the wheels will look right unless it is really low, Anyone reccommend anyone who makes them?
Before:
Photo0136.jpg

During:
Photo0137.jpg

After:
Photo0139.jpg

il get better ones once the full set are finished:)

Mk6 fiestaaaaaa
Need a wee bit of help guys, going to get tyres sometime this week but i dont really know what size to get. All i know is that the wheel is 15 x 7j thats it:( i wouldnt mind a bit of stretch but i dont really know the best size to have. Anyone got a suggestion?

S23

The Cleee-O
Nice work on the wheels dude. If you want stretch on a 7 here's a couple of options just to look at really.

165/45 - Quite a lot for a 7.
7_165_45_R15_Nankang_NS1_595.jpg

175/55 - Not as much, but a subtle bit so you wouldn't need to deck it quite so much to pull it off.
7_175_55_R15_Continental_2.jpg

I'd just say get some Rokkor coilies or something like that dude, they'll go pretty low and if the back is a bit high then you can just take the adjusters out. Keep up the good work though man :)

FF 182
I think i had 165/45/15 on Bridgestone Potenza's when i had my old car with a bit of stretch :)

Mk6 fiestaaaaaa
Thanks guys, at the moment i had a daft spell of getting sick of the wheels sittin in the garage as the deal with my tyres fell threw and i didnt really want to put them on with the crap weather so decided to buy these on special offer..
PHL7224.jpg

Always wanted a set so atleast the moneys been spent on the car and not anywhere else! Im in debate the now wether to keep the wheels but il take it as it goes, Il also have a colour coded bonnet as from sat/sunday. Also got rid of the double din tv and back to a normal cd player now as it was getting on my nerves not having any heaters.. :)

Mk6 fiestaaaaaa
Fitted the lights but car went away today to get back brakes and handbrake done. theres alot of problems i didnt know about...so hopefully get it back tomorrow fixed. Ordered my new longer bolts for the wheels as i cant find any companies around my area that will bore them out so spacers are going to be used for now...£57 lighter on the wallet:( And if all goes to plan i should have a colour matched bonnet on saturday:D Pics will be uploaded sooonage:)

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
I had 165/50/15's on my 7j 15s,
gave a nice bit of stretch.

i would strongly suggest getting some hubcentric spacers rather than those kind,
theyre a little bit more but at least youll be safer! lol

as other people said, get the rokkor coilover kit, and some custom rear springs,
165/50/15s on 15x7j, a few other choise mods,

this is what i ended up with

32123415628360856579425.jpg

Mk6 fiestaaaaaa
dont think im gonna be able to go that low buddy as my dad got me the tyres from his work so i didnt get to chose and theyr 195's. still pleased with them being on the car though:) Fitted the bonnet,angel eyes and foglights this weekend :) Ive deicded to bore the wheels out myself with a file which is going good. done the back ones so i dont need spacers but not got enough time to do the front atm. Next thing is striping the back out of it...no point having them in when it scrapes with people in it!
Photo0144.jpg
Photo0148.jpg
Photo0155.jpg

pics arent very good quality as theyr from my phone and its always dark by the time i get home, will hopefully get more good daytime ones at the weekend!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Headlights look like those crappy neon things that chavs put round their necks at the disco.

And the tyres look terrible. (Sorry, just saying...)

The wheels need proper tyres and the car needs to be sat on its ass to look good.

Mk6 fiestaaaaaa
The lights dont look bright when on its just the way my camera is. As for the tyres im not too fussed as i got a good deal with them and theres been no problem with them. This is used as a daily work car to and from work so i dont want to make it inpractical until i find an old hack so i can properly modify it.

Yet again someone posts a "going to be euro but I don't have the money so here's my chavvy fail thread" at least the bonnet is the correct colour but if you saved money on the stupid lights you'd of got the right tyres, and apart from some silly Germans no one puts angel eyes onto a "euro" car... Less is more and your cars front end has far too much going on with those lights. Suppose they will look good to your friends outside your local mcdonalds.