ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crank Pulley

HSH

ClioSport Club Member
Does anyone know the spacing between the M4 holes in the crank pulley? (presuming the midpoint between the two is the crank bolt hole)

Need to make a tool to pull mine off, however I'm 140 miles from the engine.

HSH

ClioSport Club Member
I’m thinking another option is heating the gear with a small blow torch. Used this method when assembling an engine previously, just in reverse.

HSH

ClioSport Club Member
I agree but it doesn’t, there’s a bead of solid loctite between the snout and pulley. I’ll slot the holes for a +/- 42mm fit. Cheers for that

dan's cast offs.
Should still come off easy with a puller, I've had them with loctite on that have pulled fine. Unless it's the bearing stuff it should pull ok. Just use decent socket cap bolts and don't screw them all the way in, wind them in and back them off half a turn, if you can get some with a shoulder on, will end up too long but at least if the worst comes to the worst and one snaps you can get it out of the pulley easilly.

monaco 172
Should still come off easy with a puller, I've had them with loctite on that have pulled fine. Unless it's the bearing stuff it should pull ok. Just use decent socket cap bolts and don't screw them all the way in, wind them in and back them off half a turn, if you can get some with a shoulder on, will end up too long but at least if the worst comes to the worst and one snaps you can get it out of the pulley easilly.
If I'm changing my cambelt in a month or so and it is stuck on, do I actually even need to worry about it? I know that the belt is supposed to be turned over a few times before finalising, but could I just tighten the cams back up and turn the entire engine over a few times to equalise the tension, then if required, slacken the Cams again and check timing?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
If I'm changing my cambelt in a month or so and it is stuck on, do I actually even need to worry about it? I know that the belt is supposed to be turned over a few times before finalising, but could I just tighten the cams back up and turn the entire engine over a few times to equalise the tension, then if required, slacken the Cams again and check timing?

Yeah pretty much the same as having a Mégane crank pulley which is keyed.