ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crash at the ring..

Brisol my lover..
Went to the ring back the begining of march, was very quiet but still severall cars managed to get smashed up... only got a pic of this one crashed but later on that day the porker had a nice smack as well...:eek:

DSC00545.jpg

DSC00542.jpg

It must have been crash a porsche weekend because a gt3 and two other 911's crashed as well..

Don't post up picture of car crashes at the ring many people claim quite rightly on insurance for crashes there and insurance don't like paying out so to save them the hastle of knowing whats crashed and if hire cars have been there don't post the pics up.

Don't post up picture of car crashes at the ring many people claim quite rightly on insurance for crashes there and insurance don't like paying out so to save them the hastle of knowing whats crashed and if hire cars have been there don't post the pics up.

agreed

why on earth have you posted pictures of a crash at the ring?

You wouldnt want pictures of your car posted if you had crashed it.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I wouldn't want people to post pics of my Ring, very true........

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
why on earth have you posted pictures of a crash at the ring?

You wouldnt want pictures of your car posted if you had crashed it.

its a german car, if I totalled my car and some German dude posted it on a German forum, it would not bother me, because i'm never going to know.

www.renparts.co.uk
put ur dummies back in..... if they arnet going to get payed out on insurance then thats their fault for not getting the correct sort of cover.... why should they get to claim it happened on the road... they shouldn't... its fraud..

Mountune Tractor
put ur dummies back in..... if they arnet going to get payed out on insurance then thats their fault for not getting the correct sort of cover.... why should they get to claim it happened on the road... they shouldn't... its fraud..

here here!

As father and son....
its technically covered by road insurance anyway so debating the type of cover is pointless.

There must be 101 photographers around the place at any one time so someone is going to get a picture.

The fact remains - If you can't accept the consequences then maybe you should stay at home and play playstation...

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
Yeah take a chill pill. Thats what Track insurance is for- If you crash your car and it wasnt properly insured then its tough sh*T ;)

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

who made you the boss?as already said theres gonna be a load of photographers

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

lol

Silver Clio 172 Cup
Cars crash at the ring all the time. We all know that. I'm not sure photos of someone else's misfortune are in good taste. Would you take photos of cars crashing on the M1 and post them on here? I know I'd be annoyed if someone started snapping away at my trashed P&J and I'd ask you (politely) not to do it if it were my car.

I don't want to start an argument - apologies to anyone who disagrees and I'll get off my soapbox now!

Elise/VX220/R26
oh FFS! If you crash at the ring the fact is it will end up on youtube if your unlucky or on some other forum almost guaranteed. You have to take that fact on board when you go on the fecking ring. I'm going myself in July and TBH if I did crash the last thing I would be bothered about would be if it appeared on clisoport!

Silver Clio 172 Cup
Everyone does it so it's OK?

I'm going this month. I know there is a fair chance that someone will post pics etc if I stack it. Personally, when I see a trashed car on a track day I just count myself lucky that it's not me this time. Anyone who thinks it's funny doesn't have a proper appreciation of the risks IMO*

*except that 7-second video of the ring, which was brilliant...

Silver Clio 172 Cup
True - you do have to expect it, I just don't like it. Maybe I get a bit too uptight about these things.

*passes peace pipe*

If the reg plate is obscured then I don't see a problem.
It's up to the driver of the car if they want to take their number plates off - or put tape through the letters so they can't be read.

german
True - you do have to expect it, I just don't like it. Maybe I get a bit too uptight about these things.

*passes peace pipe*

fair enough. If someone is seriously injured or killed then I don't want to see pictures of the accident/car particularly. Actually, it's a bit boring looking at pictures of a knackered car at the best of times.:S

Silver Clio 172 Cup
Don't get me started on obscuring reg plates - insurance fraud is OK too? If you choose not to insure your car for the ring (I include myself in this) then that's your choice but you have to stomach the fact that you can't claim it if things go wrong. If you can't afford to insure your car but you can't bear the potential loss then don't go there. Anything else is sponging at someone else's expense.

I must be getting old.

All the main photographers at the ring have agreed to this unofficail code on conduct.
oh FFS! If you crash at the ring the fact is it will end up on youtube if your unlucky or on some other forum almost guaranteed. You have to take that fact on board when you go on the fecking ring. I'm going myself in July and TBH if I did crash the last thing I would be bothered about would be if it appeared on clisoport!

I bet it won't I know a load of cars crahsed there didn't end up on the internet as even onces which crash the the big sites no pictures are posted online as the local and big photographers there don't take pictures.
I don't see the problem with this, don't see F1 drivers complaining about TV showing replays of their crash
F1 drivers don't race on questionable legally roads.
true, but my point was you drive round a race track, what do you expect.
Its not a race circuit its a road officially just insurance don't like paying up there.
It's up to the driver of the car if they want to take their number plates off - or put tape through the letters so they can't be read.
Its a road though, the police come to accidents if necessary if you obscure the plate then you'r driving without number plates which is illegal.

The 'Ring sits in that awkward no-mans land, road, track? Insurance companies certainly can't make their mind up.

With normal track-days at normal circuits it's accepted that photographers may be there, and therefore it's up to the driver to cover his plates if he doesn't want the plate published. With crashes it's normally acceptable to photograph the incident itself, but not the aftermath (particuarly if it's not looking good). Ironically whenever I've been to a track-day I've often been asked by drivers of a crashed car if I got pics, so whilst I'm reluctant to take them they usually end up wanting them more than 'normal' shots!

E90
OK, firstly, they will not let you on, if you have covered plates or no plates. They will also not let you on if the car is too loud or they feel its dangerous.

Videoing on the ring is prohibited, so you shouldn't end up on youtube as your not suppose to be filming, if they catch you filming you will be banned.

On all of the ring forums, pictures of crashed cars are not allowed, and most of the official Touristfahrer photographers wont take a pic of a crashed car.
As it is a toll road, insurance is a grey area, some people claim some not, the police investigate all accidents and if you are found to be at fault, you can be prosectuted by the german police, Therefore posting any vid of your crash or immediate pictures afterwards, may lead to these being used as evidence by the police.

You are not immune just because your from the uk and can go back home, if you do not have the money to cover damages, correct insurance and MOT etc, you CAN and WILL be locked in a german prison, until you pay. Despite many not wanting to claim, Nurburgring Gmbh will take your insurance details, if you do not pay there and then for armco and any road closure charges, they will call your insurance company, and you will be left with sorting this out with an unsympathetic insurance company later.

One more thing, Hire car companies now search the ring foto websites on occasion, and most now exclude the ring from coverage, If they find a pic of you there, which will usually include a picture of your face, then prepare for a bill of somekind.

All of the above were not mentioned by Clarkson and top gear, and everytime I visit theres lots of ring virgins there fresh from watching TG , stop watch at the ready. Go there and have fun, but with Bikes, buses, builders vans and practicing VLN racers, you'll never experience a more varied amount of traffic, and with plenty of blind crests and bends, be careful of whats waiting round the next one, and whats coming up behind you. Try and break clarksons record and stay on the line when you should move over and let faster traffic through, you risk an accident or a very very irate more experienced driver, coming to see you in the car park to have a choice word or two.

Turbos.
I personally don't see the problem with posting pictures of crashed cars, we're not laughing at them after all. More important things in life to worry about, and as mentioned, it's their problem if they aren't covered by relevant insurance.

That 911 Turbo sure does get around! I saw him at a pub just outside the Top Gear circuit a couple of weeks ago. Saw it a few days later in Autocar.

Last edited:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I think posting pictures like that is a good idea. It serves to remind everyone that there are dangers involved, and no matter how well prepared you think you are, there's always a risk that you'll stack it.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
i think there's a fair amount of "ring snobs" on this forum. You crash on a "public" road and someone take a pic, whats the big deal? there's loads of people taking pics round there its bound to turn up online sooner or later.

If u can't handle crashing and being exposed for a potential insurance cheat, then don't go.

E90
Fair enough ewan, but there is allready a large group of german liberals campaigning for its closure, although pics like that make people think twice and take more care it also backs up there calls for its closure. The last time I was there a biker came down and was having his drip inserted while god knows how many people clambered to take pics, personally taking pics at a situation like that is just wrong.

Yes loads of people take pics, but all the people that charge for pics, dont take pics of the crashed ones, call it common courtesy if you will.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
There is an old skool code of conduct for ring users.
Out of respect for what the place is about and why it still exists i follow this code.

People that go (and bring thier own cars ;)) understand this.

Its a road though, the police come to accidents if necessary if you obscure the plate then you'r driving without number plates which is illegal.

Ahh, I didn't realise it was an actual road, I thought it was a private track.

E90
Nope geezer, public toll road, hence why its got buses and builders vans on it, track day cars only, which aren't road legal, are not allowed on during Touristenfahrer days.