ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crashed 172 Cup! - M6 Viaduct - 5pm today :(

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I was going the other way. Saw a 172 Cup biffed into the back of another car in the outside lane of the opposite carriageway. :dapprove:

Anyone?

Gutted.

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
hes fine, im sure his pride is battered.

he does come on here, he thinks itll be alright though.
something else hit the back of it, think he said a zetec, hard to hear from the side of the motorway.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
i couldn't see whether it was two or three cars... :(

sounds bad though... the front was a mess from what i saw

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
harsh! was thinking earlier on the way home what if!!!!! and decided to double the gap!

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
harsh! was thinking earlier on the way home what if!!!!! and decided to double the gap!

alright if u can, most motorways now if u leave a decent gap u get a van and a car pull in it. you might as well just get behind the lorrys and do 50!

FOCUS ST 275

alright if u can, most motorways now if u leave a decent gap u get a van and a car pull in it. you might as well just get behind the lorrys and do 50!

Well f**k me, exactly this happens to me every f**king day.

M62 is the worst, only left a small gap between me and other car (both slowing down) and this c**t in a A6 just indicates and pulls in front of me, straight on the anchors + horn + lights + very good clear hand signals.

But o think these Lorry drivers are the worst. Some of them just dont give a f**k. Nearly get side swiped every week.

I think there should be a RS lane.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
gap takers are a55holes.... just got to bite your tounge in that sort of weather....

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
these ABS comments make me laugh when they dont even know anything about the incident ...... but suppose they have to get one over on us cup drivers to make up for there car being slower. :rasp:

182 & Mk1 Valver
crap, i saw this last night in my works van. Did look pretty bad, glad everyone is ok. Made me feel gutted to see a cup like that.

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
Hope laddy doesnt mind.

spoke to him today hes really gutted as you would be.

DSC00131.gif

clio 172 cup
always sad to hear about any clio getting smashed....nevermind a cup
hope its not a write off...if it turns out to be we'll all have a min silence & burn a few candles for ya :dapprove:

172 Cup
Unlucky mate. Mine will be the only one left at this rate. Then I can make a price up when I sell it, mwuahaha!

Megane 230 R26
LOL @ all the ABS comments etc... If ABS has ever saved you from doing what he just did then you were driving too close / paying insufficient attention anyway. It's a good thing to have but it's not a subsitute for careful driving!

Hope it's not a write-off mate :(

Megane 230 R26
your right, but im not sure the merc stopped for any reason, so even though still your fault, its abit annoying.

Yeah, hopefully there'll be apportionment of blame on that one then. I know the person who goes in the back is responsible but all drivers bear a responsibility for trying to avoid coming together, and people do some irresponsible ill-thought-out s**t tbh :S

Three idiots pulled straight out in front of me on the Woodstock Road this morning in Oxford on my way home, only a 30 zone but still... after forcing me to half my speed they all buggered off at about 40, and then they were all turning off not far up the road. Nothing was behind me when they pulled out... is it just me who doesn't find road-rage attacks surprising? It's so tempting to get out and strangle the w**kers, they're far too stupid to be sharing my Oxygen!!! :mad:

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
is it just me who doesn't find road-rage attacks surprising? It's so tempting to get out and strangle the w**kers, they're far too stupid to be sharing my Oxygen!!! :mad:

Nope, happens to me too. I'll be up for assault at the very least before long. Maybe even GBH if someone actually hits my car.:banghead:

172 cup
Unlucky mate! Did you lock up before you went into the back of him?

Hard to tell from the photo but there doesnt look like there is serious damage to the axles ect..