ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cruise Control Issues

BMW 320d SE
My cruise control in the 182 has developed a strange fault over the last few days.
I hit the switch and the green light comes on and the dash LCD display switches to the dashes for no memorised speed. I get to a speed I want to stay at and hit the plus or minus button. All good so far. I hit the cancel button and nothing happens. I tap the brake pedal and it cancels. If I touch the cancel button again it wipes the speed memory.
I thought I'd try the speed limiter side of things just to see how that got on. I could set a speed but then every button press regardless of which one, brought the limit down.
When I went back to the cruise control, every button made me go faster.
My hunch is the buttons on the steering wheel or maybe the connectors behind the airbag. I have changed the wheel a year ago whilst I waited for my Snappy-refurbished wheel to return, which I then fitted. Not sure if that would have anything to do with it though.
Any ideas please peeps?

dan's cast offs.
either get it on clip and check the switches or you can measure the resistance on the switches, only two wires though and can't remember the resistances off top of my head sorry.

BMW 320d SE
Ah yes there was a chap on here that built his own cruise control wiring for an aftermarket steering wheel and did a thread on it. I'll have a search for that in the meantime.