ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cruise control/speed limiter not working

Renault clio 182
Hi all yet again another problem with my 182.
Cruise control an speed limter are not working.
The button on dash working though as the symbols lighting up on dials. Thanks

Clio Sport 182
Could be the break pedal switch. It's a 2 part switch one part does the abs and break light and the other part controls the speed restriction/cruise. I don't know if it would flag up the abs fault if it was just the cruise part broken, but will flag a fault up if the break light abs side goes so it's a possibility as I know if the other part goes it usually flags a fault but not always fixed by doing the adjustments? I could be way off but it's a possibility as them switches are very tempermental on these.

Clio Sport 182
Not necessarily, but it's one of those things that you will never know unfortunately. The fog lamps did cause me an abs fault to do with the switch but doesn't mean yours is. Basically that pedal switch senses when you break to cancel out the cruise so your not breaking while its trying to accelerate into the car in front of you. Take the rear lights off its just one plastic screw with your hand and spray the terminals with wd40 or terminal cleaner. I had a very fine screwdriver and pressed it in the female connection and scraped the male ones to get them as clean as possible. You can also use the screwdriver to pinch the female ones tighter as they do get loose over time and they sit at an angle and basically short eachother out and power the fogs from the brake light cable. This did solve mine so I got away with buying a break pedal switch so let's hope it does the same for you!

Clio Sport 182
There's also one on the clutch pedal but I've never heard of anyone replacing it

Renault clio 182
Cheers mate. Im no having much luck with this car just home from nipping to shops in the car an tried to stop at junction an car wouldnt stop. :(

Clio Sport 182
I've had never ending ones from small to large but I can't get rid of it! I suppose they are around d 12 years old and probably had a harder time than most normal cars being what they are lol, my pads fell out 3 times and then I couldn't stop! Pedal went to the floor and I pooped myself coming of the motorway one time haha, but that's more Important than your cruise I'd look at that too, you wasn't giving it a hard time before hand was you and got the brakes too warm?

Renault clio 182
No was just goin about the town...just took it another run but seems to be fine now but scrapin comin from passenger rear possible rear pads fucked

Clio Sport 182
If you run the pads too low it can cause problems if the piston travels too far have a look at them mate

Renault clio 182
So i found the passenger rear pad had fallen out and also the rear passenger light was shorting through corrsion. Thanks i would have never thought off looking at rear lights :D

Clio Sport 182
Well there you go at least you got 2 problems sorted and the pad was definitely the main one to sort buddy :) give cruise a try at some point and work from there

Clio Sport 182
I started doing that and used a set that goes on a drill from Halfords and under the cotton it had a screw that came out and I made it 10x worse lol!

Clio Sport 182
Bloody hell, always the simplest of things we overlook because we assume it's all correct. Glad it's sorted bud!

Renault clio 182
Yeah i took airbag off steering wheel an noticed switches were no plugged into anything...cheers bud but i fix one thing wi this car an then somethin else happens

Clio Sport 182
Yeah i took airbag off steering wheel an noticed switches were no plugged into anything...cheers bud but i fix one thing wi this car an then somethin else happens
That's my bloody life story! I've replaced nearly every moving part apart from the engine so far and everything in between. It's nearly as fresh as it was back in 2004 lol