ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup out, Jap toy in!

DC5
Can't edit my first post now, and the first pic has changed size where I have been trying to get it as my avatar. This is the full size one:

DSC00206-1.jpg

A Euro'd one...
I saw it for sale on Ebay i think. Nice example and well priced. I'll be looking for one of these by the end of the year hopefully.

RB 182 with CUP packs
Very nice!!!

Best mod for these is Gruppe M, but not cheap.

Cheapest best mod uprated Engine Mounts. Cause more cabin vibration, but soon soften up & you can feel the difference.

Any questions, drop me a line ;)

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
very nice matey!! iv gone from reno to honda and it was defo one of the best moves iv made!

is that the standard HU????

A Beautiful R32
I'd rather have one of those than the new bloody civic type R... what's the engine speck on a DC5 like?

Golf 7R
Very nice, how does the performance differ, in comparison to the cup matey, i to am thinking of going jap next in the form of an S2000!??

DC5
very nice matey!! iv gone from reno to honda and it was defo one of the best moves iv made!

is that the standard HU????

Yeah, after only having it a few days, I know it was definately the right move to make. The unit is the standard Japanese HU. It's got sat nav and tv etc, but non of it works in the UK unfortunately. When I get a bit more cash I will prob swap it out for a 7" touch screen HU where all the features do work. But it is OK for now.

I'd rather have one of those than the new bloody civic type R... what's the engine speck on a DC5 like?

Without even seeing the new type r, I don't think I would be wrong to say that the DC5 will still be the better car. The engine is a 2.0ltr i-vtec. About 220bhp. Don't know a lot more about it than that

Very nice, how does the performance differ, in comparison to the cup matey, i to am thinking of going jap next in the form of an S2000!??

The Cup is a lot smaller, and as a result you can feel the type of speeds you are doing. This is certainly quicker, but because it is bigger, it doesn't feel like you are doing anywhere near the type of speed you are. You could sit at 120 quite happily and think you were doing about 80. I just hope I get used to it soon, else I might end up getting my 1st 3 points from the old bill.

Handling wise, there is no comparison. You just point and squirt at a corner in this, and it'll fly round. I was always cautious in the Cup, the back always seemed a little to lively.

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo
Sat in one of these when I was hunting for an MR2, and I must say the interior is just unbelievable. Is a piece of art, one of my all time favourite interiors. Can you not just get a band expander for the Hu? rather than damaging said piece of art? Honda must be able to sort you out a uk disc for the sat nav as well. Sure it will be the same unit that they ship out uk cars with (obviously not the dc5 though). As said before welcome to the jap section of Cliosport. lol.

DC5
Sat in one of these when I was hunting for an MR2, and I must say the interior is just unbelievable. Is a piece of art, one of my all time favourite interiors. Can you not just get a band expander for the Hu? rather than damaging said piece of art? Honda must be able to sort you out a uk disc for the sat nav as well. Sure it will be the same unit that they ship out uk cars with (obviously not the dc5 though). As said before welcome to the jap section of Cliosport. lol.

Yeah, I bought an FM expander off Ebay yesterday.

I don't think it is as simple as just putting a UK disc in for the sat nav. I believe it is impossible or very expensive to get the sat nav / tv working over here.

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo
Thats a shame. Sure the fm expander will work though. I'm sure with a bit of research your be able to find a Hu and monitor that fit perfectly.

how much was that sex wee car dude?(hope you dont mind me asking)

sooooooooooooooo much better than a clio!!!!!!

i want one!!!

DC5
how much was that sex wee car dude?(hope you dont mind me asking)

sooooooooooooooo much better than a clio!!!!!!

i want one!!!

The guy I bought it off had had it for sale for a while, so got it quite cheap - £11k. It was advertised at £12,245. He bought it 12 months ago for £15k. So I am pretty pleased. I think half the reason the prices are dropping quick is because of all of the importers flooding the market. Hopefully they will stablise or rise before I consider selling it. Won't be for a while though, it is far too much fun :D