ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Racers

172//Crap Micra//Bus
I've seen a couple, and there not exactly slow. Just wondered what the main differences where over a more Standard Car! Also, what's the difference between a 172 Cup chassis over a FF?

clio 172 cup
cup has wider track.
cup racers are lighter have have around 190-200bhp and that gearbox i cant spell lol

clio 172 cup
0-100mph with 180bhp and 900kg weight, that sadev must work wonders! knocking 7secs off the standard time

0-100mph with 180bhp and 900kg weight, that sadev must work wonders! knocking 7secs off the standard time

Its a combination of an 80MS WOT upshift and sticky slicks coupled with a proper LSD allowing you to launch one with zero wheel spin.

The cups are nearer 200bhp in reality as well.

Cheers
M

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Oh, Now it makes sense lol!! What sort of Induction do they use?

cone filter where the battery would be on a standard car, no 90 degree bend, cold air vent in headlight giving direct air to filter

afaik its a 100% standard engine, supersprint race system (not sure if they run cats or not) and a standalone management?

cone filter where the battery would be on a standard car, no 90 degree bend, cold air vent in headlight giving direct air to filter

afaik its a 100% standard engine, supersprint race system (not sure if they run cats or not) and a standalone management?

The engines are build by Oreca from selected components i.e. they are standard but some engines are more standard than others ;-) They have a single cat and run a Magneti Marelli ECU and Dash/Logger.

Cheers
M