ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup suspension question

RS Clio 200
Hi,
Just ordered my Clio 200 with cup chassis. Can anyone shed any light on why it only had a 3mm drop in height? I get the changes to dampers etc, but the height drop hardly seems worth bothering! Also, what changes to the suspension setup do the RS drive options provide?

Thanks,

RSaddict

Cio 172 Cup,Porsche
3mm is the drop on the 172 Cup as well. Renaultsport obviously think that that gives the optimum ride height for road use, and who are we to argue really.

As above, there's much more than to suspension than "low & hard" and once you've designed everything (wishbones, steering arms, dampers etc) to be in a very sensible place (the car also has to get in/out of gravel car parks, speedbumps, be able to go up curbs etc) it generally makes lots of things worse if you try to move any of it.

I'm not sure anyone specs the cup pack in the hope that the suspension luks sik blud?

RS Clio 200
Can anyone tell me the exact differences each RS drive mode makes to each element of setup please?

Thanks,