ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cups new seats

X 200+ cup, now focus RS

pm yoz or fred for a price mate as they do different packages with/without custom subframes, cheapest prices you will find though

im sure he will reply to you with prices when he sees this post!!!

X 200+ cup, now focus RS

didnt buy the car for comfort mate, but they are cumfortable,

they sit alot lower then standard, not stupidly though, the standards do sit quite high.

X 200+ cup, now focus RS

Quote: Originally posted by greer182 on 13 April 2005

nev_172 where u at donny on the weekend. with a grey civic type R
i was indeedy mate, were you in the 182 with stripes and tints campin next to us???

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Is it not a whole lot safer to connect the harnesses up to the seat belt buckles in the back rather than around the rear strut brace?

Very nice!

Was gonna comment on the strut brace, i woudlnt trust that with my life, they are only flimsley ali, i woudl have use the rear seat belt mounting points

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Rick on 13 April 2005
Is it not a whole lot safer to connect the harnesses up to the seat belt buckles in the back rather than around the rear strut brace?

I was just going to comment on that. The rear strut brace isnt designed to take forces in that direction so isnt really the best thing to mount the harnesses to.

Looks great.

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

^^ I reckon its something worth doing as soon as possible!!!

Apart from that they look ace. Probably next on my shopping list once I get the suspension sorted.

255 V6 Black Gold

extremly smart that!!

with the main seats out, and the rear seats etc, bet thats a lot of kg shedded of

yoz will you pm me with your pricings for these? any pics of different style seats etc? cheers

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

the harnesses go on tho the rear strut brace...Excuse my french, but f uck that for a laugh!

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by AJRMOTORSPORT on 13 April 2005

the harnesses go on tho the rear strut brace...Excuse my french, but f uck that for a laugh!
Ive already told him mate, dont worry he IS changing that ASAP!!!

Mk2 Golf GTI

yep, agree that is a sh*t idea. If it came to the worst, that brace would snap like a twig and you would find yourself nicely strapped into your harnesses, but with the seats on top of you laid out all over the tarmac.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Quote: Originally posted by spirez on 13 April 2005

yep, agree that is a sh*t idea. If it came to the worst, that brace would snap like a twig and you would find yourself nicely strapped into your harnesses, but with the seats on top of you laid out all over the tarmac.
now there a nice comforting evening thought!

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

I agree mark, does look good, the weight saving definatley appeals rather than the looks.

Looks the absolute Don lad! :D

One thing though, they look quite far back?? Can you bring them forward OR DID YOU BOLT THE SUBFRAMES ON THE WRRROOOONGGG WAYYYYY?!?! :oops::D

Glad theyre lower, me head nearly touches the roof on the usual seats!

Bit concerned about the weight loss though, were gonna bloody take off on Paddock hill bend in May!!! Best get on the bulk lad! ;)

Using the original belt points may not be such a bad idea. lol at all the pros thinking itll snap a strut brace, that isnt gonna happen but I would be a bit concerned about shearing the strut tops off in a shunt. :confused:

I wouldnt use the original seat belt fixings for the rear.

I would add an extra hole in the floor, and use a plate with a captive nut, you can get them from Demon Tweeks for a few quid.

Ideally, the angle of the rear fixing should be as close to parallel to the ground as possible (This is in the MSA Blue book).

Because you dont have rear seats, I would take advantage of this, and move the fixing back quite far.

The rear fixings for the seat belts are ok, but they arent quite inline with the centre of the seats.

Just my thoughts.

erm, we talked about the harnesses - he has just got them in temporarily; from the Strut Brace.

I have a welded in Harness Bar with coincidentally acts as a brace which is a much better option.

Prices - Depend on What you are after, but Nevs Set up (Cobra Imola 2) is about £575 including Sidemounts and Subframes (and the dreaded VAT etc.)

If you want extra things like a wider seat, it can only be done on a slider on the low subframes. I wouldnt recommend putting the seats on a standard subframe, as the seat will be too high - hence the custom "low" job.

There is no warranty on the subframes or their fitment, as they are designed for track use, and they will stress the car in different areas. You could pay (as hippy did) for someone to fit them on custom subframes, but this will cost a pretty penny on the labour normally.

Price for this setup: about £575 +/- depending on logos etc.

/y0z

X 200+ cup, now focus RS

funny boy nath, ye the mounts are on back to front, copyed the pic of yozzas then worked out that hes quite a bit taller then me, cheers fred for pointin that out,

back to the garage to sort it,:oops:

please no more coments about the harnessess, i read and understood the first post about em quite clearly!!!;)