ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cups.

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Just a point with Cups. How much lighter than an ordinary 172 are they?

Just thinking yesterday that its totally lost with some one like me whos a fair bit heavier than the average sized man. Then if you stick one of my large mates in there too then its completely gone!

Ziel Nurburgring

nail on head there mate.

With the 182 cup its only 20kg odd lighter, thats like a good meal or not having a dump in the moring, lol.

Tappd'd RS

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 01 February 2005

nail on head there mate.

With the 182 cup its only 20kg odd lighter, thats like a good meal or not having a dump in the moring, lol.
Gawd - Id hate to live in your house mate :p

172 "fantastic" is lighter by about the weight of a passenger in real terms.

182 cheap is lighter by about a large donar with chilli sauce.

300bhp MR2 Turbo

So as soon as you stick a passenger in a Cup its the same as the normal 172!

Also, cars 0-60 tests and figures, what are they based on. IE how many passengers, fuel tank etc.

Cause using mine as an example 5.7 0-60 would be slowed by some one 5 stone heavier than another driver by quite a bit...

I heard that Evo mag use 2 people and half a tank which is prob the fairest way to get a good average figure.

Quote: Originally posted by Chris nnic on 01 February 2005

But then if you put a passenger in a 172....:p

Chris
he he , beat me to it, whatever happens the cup is always going to be 89kg lighter

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Not if the people in the cup are considerably heavier.

Me and my mate are both over 100kgs. (Im 15.3 stone hes about 16.5) Then put 2 10 - 11 stoners like Chris and Mike in a 172 then it should even out.

A full tank of petrol probably weighs in about 45kgs. So if ones empty and the others full then that would make a difference...

Quote: Originally posted by Matt16v on 01 February 2005

Not if the people in the cup are considerably heavier.

Me and my mate are both over 100kgs. (Im 15.3 stone hes about 16.5) Then put 2 10 - 11 stoners like Chris and Mike in a 172 then it should even out.

A full tank of petrol probably weighs in about 45kgs. So if ones empty and the others full then that would make a difference...

you dont get it though, if you were in a 172 you would be 89kg heavier than in the cup, a similar loaded car will be 89kg lighter

300bhp MR2 Turbo

What Im saying is 89kg on average is easy to lose on a normal 172 simply by having less fuel and not being a chubby person with a chubby passenger.

I know 9 times out of ten that a cup will be lighter than standard 172 as average people weigh the same and most fill the tank. But there will be occasions when its evened out alot more, then youve lost your advantage.

Any one know how much lighter an M3 CSL is than the ordinary M3?

Ziel Nurburgring

Quote: Originally posted by Matt16v on 01 February 2005

So as soon as you stick a passenger in a Cup its the same as the normal 172!

Also, cars 0-60 tests and figures, what are they based on. IE how many passengers, fuel tank etc.

Cause using mine as an example 5.7 0-60 would be slowed by some one 5 stone heavier than another driver by quite a bit...

I heard that Evo mag use 2 people and half a tank which is prob the fairest way to get a good average figure.
Officially this is how cars are tested, called curb weight. Supposed to give a fair reflection of perfomance instead of 1 skinny beanpole, no petrol and spare in place.

i never fill my tank over half full unless im travelling somewhere and need a full tank, why bother carrying all that extra weight round.