ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cv boot problem!

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
I replaced my drivers side cv boot back few months ago and last week notched that it had a small hole in the rubber and grease had escaped so I had that replaced on Saturday, the rubber looked to be worn and perished I thought I'd may of been down to the rolling road for remapping last week, got home tonight and same thing cv boot is knocked with a hole in the rubber! It doesn't looked to be catching on anything?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    180 KB · Views: 87

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
I couldn't get hold of a renault so used a different one make began with a L? Going to try get a Renault one. Will the Renault be a tighter fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dan's cast offs.
just seen cheap boots fall apart in no time. don't bother with renault one, you're paying for the name, get a gkn one from euro.

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
I'll have a look cheers! I've had 3 replaced since February, they look really worn and perished which is strange

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
No different makes didn't really pay attention to makes as I've never had a problem with cv boots but the Clio is testing me!

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Ha no I doubt it! Unless someone really hates me! I'm going to check the passenger side and see what sort of boot has been used, lowering the car wouldn't of caused this would it?

PH2 172
odd one. trying to think what would cause it other than the quality of the boot.
Not sure if that`s an entry or exit wound,or which side shaft it is.
Start again with a Shaftec or J&R shaft with 24 month warranty.
imprezaworks will keep us up to date on the J&R,and I`m 11 month`s,10k into a Shaftec item with no problems.

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Picture is on the drivers shaft, where did you purchase your shafts from?

PH2 172
Picture is on the drivers shaft, where did you purchase your shaft from?

Andrew Page 10 minutes down the road from me.They have a Leeds branch,which is good if you have any problems and would prefer to have a face to face amicable discussion.
I am getting tired that if I google GSF car parts,ECP jumps to the top.

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
I'll try pages tomorrow on way to the gym! [emoji106]

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Looking on the Andrew page website and there's a few shaftec boots with various prices from £10-£16 and the dimensions are slightly different to each other? Confused now to which I need

PH2 172
Looking on the Andrew page website and there's a few shaftec boots with various prices from £10-£16 and the dimensions are slightly different to each other? Confused now to which I need

My advice was buy a shaft with a 2 year warranty.If you just replace the boot & it goes again,tough.

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Are they cleaning it out before fitting a new boot? Might be something inside trying to work its way out ie bit of sharp metal or whatever.

Yep fully cleaned out before fitting the new boot it's just strange

PH2 172
Just bought a j+r shaft with 2 years warranty. See if this cures the problem

Yours is a non cup 182 yes?Please post up the J&R part number & make a note of the width of the ABS ring,either here or on the sourcing drive shafts thread.Thanks.

PS:check your bottom ball joint & engine mount for movement.Play could cause the shaft to bind when cornering.

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
No mine has cup packs. I've just messaged the seller on eBay as I reckon now the drive shaft won't fit! :(

PH2 172
No mine has cup packs. I've just messaged the seller on eBay as I reckon now the drive shaft won't fit! 😧

imprezaworks has just fitted a J&R shaft to his 182 cup packed car,so they exist.
It would be good if he can let us have the part number.

PH2 172
J&R helpline is open till 10pm.They only sell direct,so you must have ordered it from them.
imprezaworks shaft came with both 7.5 & 15mm ABS rings.

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Yes ordered from them but there eBay account? I'll give them a ring

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Opening times are now 8-5:30 I'll have to ring them tomorrow

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
I'll ring tomorrow! God knows what shaft I'll receive tomorrow but no doubt it will be returned! Cheers

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
This is what I did

Hi I need a passanger side drive shaft for my cup packed car.

Reg?. Done.

Definatly the right shaft as people have had issues. Yep we have sold lots.

One day later it arrives, fitted. Done

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Just recived my drive shaft, gave j&r a quick call and gave my reg with the part number of the shaft they sent and apparently its the correct one so hopefully it's a direct fit! Never realised how heavy they are!