ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

D50 Filter lens

Not really, imo. If you want a Polarizer then spend that money on a decent one, you won't regret it as it's one of the best things money can buy (apart from a 50mm 1.8!) and should last for years. I personally use Hoya (about £20) but there are much better still.

Cheap UV filters are a mixed blessing, sure they protect your expensive lens but they can have serious limitations, here is a long exposure with a cheapish UV...

107928468-M.jpg

I learned the hard way as you can see ;)

dk

911 GTS Cab
Not really, imo. If you want a Polarizer then spend that money on a decent one, you won't regret it as it's one of the best things money can buy (apart from a 50mm 1.8!) and should last for years. I personally use Hoya (about £20) but there are much better still.

Cheap UV filters are a mixed blessing, sure they protect your expensive lens but they can have serious limitations, here is a long exposure with a cheapish UV...

107928468-M.jpg

I learned the hard way as you can see ;)
and the major problem with that pic?

It's not grainy ;) but the major light source has reflected in the UV filter and appeared as an upside-down green duplicate of the firework!

Renaultsport 220T
Those ones no.

Go for a decent Hoya UV, anbd polerizer.

check out dzone2.com

in HK.

I've bought filters from them

Good service.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Lol. I was going to get one of the jessops brand polarizer last week because they are having a closing down sale. Can the same effect appear with other types of cheap filter, like a polarizer?

Tappd'd RS
There's quite a few branded filters available on ebay from the far east.

Just picked up a NC filter for my D40x - very hard to find in the UK for some reason!