ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Damm Immobiliser

Went to meet Northern Daz to sell spoiler, got there no probs, went for a spin in his valver :)... returned back to the car park which is situated in the middle of nowhere and went to blip my renault immobiliser...did it work...did it buggery, went to use my phone...and the battery decided to die on me..after an hour of cleaning the blipper unit it still wouldnt work.. I had to admit defeat and call the AA..

AA arrived in 45 mins to the isolated moorland location, the wind and mist was swirling and the temp was down to about -2 on the valverometer.

The AA also admitted defeat and he fixed his ridgid tow bar to my clio and towed me for 13 miles.

got to mine both had a brew and he got his diagnostics computer out... he told me why my sigma sometimes doesnt work, and offered a strange remedy, also old me how to bypass the Sigma Immobiliser, renaults are unbypassable... also said on his laptop that the clio leaks through the radio aerial, on to the immobiliser :)

cheers Daz for lending a hand....:) Gibbo...

f**king Renault Immobilisers.

[Edited by gunnergibson on 21 December 2004 at 6:18pm]

Ford Fiesta

were you near large aeriel displays, had probs with cars on pennine tops next to radio antennas in past

no it was the renault one this time..the infra red one...Sigmas are swines for being blocked by signals....so much so that its pretty much every where were my sigma immobiliser jams out... the AA man said even though it sounds silly, it works, use a pie container to focus the beam, and also shield your alarm somehow.

I stripped therenault immobilser down and found corrosion on the pins... i scraped this away, blasted with wd 40, and bagged it up. it worked.... however....

my battery had only 9 volts in after being towedfor a long distance...lol... i have a battery charger though :) luckily..