ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Daniels Blue 182.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I wasn't sure if people were looking at us because there were 3 of the same car we were fixing or whether they were looking to mug us!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I'd probably go for mugging. I was gonna pop over when you were all round but think I was in York (home) at the time.
Thankfully my house has a nice large driveway behind so noone watching.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Should have done, we could have used another umbrella holder. Kept absolutely pissing it down when we were fitting the springs to Sams car. And when I say 'we' I mean Dan fitting them whilst me and Sam stood around watching.

225 powered mk2
Thanks mate.

What did you do regarding the speedo on yours? If using the meg box?

At the moment I am still using the JC5 box, until I decide to go VAG or meg box. But I've got a digital Speedo which does everything with after market sensors, I have two magnets on the driveshaft with the sensor mounted to the gearbox with a bracket, and then its all setup on the software for the speedo with gear ratios, wheel, tyre size etc, works a treat Just a bit of a headache to setup :)

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
At the moment I am still using the JC5 box, until I decide to go VAG or meg box. But I've got a digital Speedo which does everything with after market sensors, I have two magnets on the driveshaft with the sensor mounted to the gearbox with a bracket, and then its all setup on the software for the speedo with gear ratios, wheel, tyre size etc, works a treat Just a bit of a headache to setup :smile:
That sounds pretty awesome, got a link? It sounds...pricey! haha

WP_20161203_18_42_07_Pro.jpg
Haha no way! Guessing it's from the calendar entry? Got a pic please?
CS festival. Here you go. Quality not great taking a pic of a pic!

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I know, I'm fairly surprised myself hahaha

Last night I cleaned the engine bay, it took all of 15 minutes but I think the results speak for themselves!

Before

20161203_171626_zpsjt8bkoku.jpg

After

20161203_180741_zps1feo3cfx.jpg

I need to sort out a few other little things like my PMS bolts - will be going stainless.

I'm now on the hunt for a cheap meg 225 for the donor and I'm looking to spend around £1200 max so need to keep my eyes peeled at car auctions for write offs etc.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I'm deeply saddened you have all this space to do awesome projects and get to tinker in the week while I'm sat here in a chicken coop with no garage or my car. Wah.
Things are moving bloody fast and skill developing at an insane rate! Would love to start welding too. Try and get your hands on a DCI100 pedal box matey, you don't want to be running brakes without servo!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Having owned a couple of 172s and now owning a 225, I think a mix of the two would be just perfect!
My megane now owes me nothing, and I'm about to acquire my old 172 back.....how hard is this conversion @dann2707?

Hmmmm

I'm deeply saddened you have all this space to do awesome projects and get to tinker in the week while I'm sat here in a chicken coop with no garage or my car. Wah.
Things are moving bloody fast and skill developing at an insane rate! Would love to start welding too. Try and get your hands on a DCI100 pedal box matey, you don't want to be running brakes without servo!
Why are you against not running a servo?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Why are you against not running a servo?

I mean if MC/brakes are standard. If the system is designed to not run one it's fine. Personally I'd like to keep everything close to using very OEM parts so if it busts it's a bargain replacement.

I mean if MC/brakes are standard. If the system is designed to not run one it's fine. Personally I'd like to keep everything close to using very OEM parts so if it busts it's a bargain replacement.
Hes running a pedal box yoo

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member

Thanks mate, appreciate the kind words. Yeah as mash said, I'm going to be running a pedal box. I think the main reason is so that I can get the seat wheel and pedals straight... I kid haha

Welding is so fun too, it's really therapeutic I've found and when I've had a spare hour or so I've just been practising my welds in the garage. Apparently the lights flicker when I'm down there so the electric bill should be a laugh.

Having owned a couple of 172s and now owning a 225, I think a mix of the two would be just perfect!
My megane now owes me nothing, and I'm about to acquire my old 172 back.....how hard is this conversion @dann2707?

Hmmmm

Haha it's fairly involving as it's going to need a custom mount for the gearbox, Standalone ecu, fabricated driveshafts, then I'm running a pedal box so that will need custom brake lines.

Going to be taking from the meg

Brembos
Driveshafts
Engine
Gearbox
Gearstick and cables
Intercooler and pipework

Everything else will be up for sale if anyone needs anything

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Thanks mate, appreciate the kind words. Yeah as mash said, I'm going to be running a pedal box. I think the main reason is so that I can get the seat wheel and pedals straight... I kid haha

Welding is so fun too, it's really therapeutic I've found and when I've had a spare hour or so I've just been practising my welds in the garage. Apparently the lights flicker when I'm down there so the electric bill should be a laugh.

Haha it's fairly involving as it's going to need a custom mount for the gearbox, Standalone ecu, fabricated driveshafts, then I'm running a pedal box so that will need custom brake lines.

Brembos
Driveshafts
Engine
Gearbox
Gearstick and cables
Intercooler and pipework

Ok you've put me off already haha!

What tyres have the wheels got on? I could also do with 4 wheel nuts x

Brembos
Driveshafts
Engine
Gearbox
Gearstick and cables
Intercooler and pipework

Custom dogbone tooo

Your thoughts on intercooler and pipework please?