ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dash converted

?
Just need to do the heater controls now and unsure whether to do anything to the needles

Opinions?

20247501390330716596690.jpg

Renault Sport Clio 182
i like it, was it hard to do? ive allways fancied changing the bulbs in my ph2 but never get around to doing it.

Megane 225
if anyone wants it done can send them up to me and (for a small fee;)) will do your dials any colour combination you want. ATM i have blue for the speedo, blue for rev counter and red for the fuel and temperature gauge.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Nice one Ahmed, how did you find it to do??? Tempted to do my new car white, but the orange stereo would drive me nuts, so I'd have to take that apart too.....

Bumder With A Buffer
It's all about white. Is it possible to make the needles a different colour?

Yes and no...you need to use certain paint on them.

I have done a few for people and most of them I scrapped the orange s**t off and painted the needles white. A few others weren't bothered and kept the orange needles.

?
I thought about white led's but tbh with my white dials (standard on RSI) it would be naff.

It isnt hard to do at all, There are a few guides. Takes about 45 mins once everythings out the car. The clocks are dead easy to do, just make sure you buy some translucent filter to replace the orange filter thats there as sanding it / removing it looks shite in comparison imho. I'm taking them apart again soon to change the dipped and fog light bulbs to blue as well, dont like them in green.

Off topic - Anyone know how to remove those central vents? Anyone have some spare? Mine have fins broken :(

Storm Grey 200
Sowwi, me no like it.

But fair play for doing it

Removing the central vents will make you want to die. ha

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
if anyone wants it done can send them up to me and (for a small fee;)) will do your dials any colour combination you want. ATM i have blue for the speedo, blue for rev counter and red for the fuel and temperature gauge.
Got any pics of the read guages?

Storm Grey 200
Because you have to take the entire lower dash out, and then remove the air ducting, which is plastic welded to the dash. And then undo the whole centre unit. Then plastic weld it all back together, AND THEN PUT EVERYTHING BACK.

Just for those vents. :evil:

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Looks nice mate. Never been a fan of completely blue dash's, but looks spot on with the white dials.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
looks so much nicer than the orange, always wanted to get mine done

?
Because you have to take the entire lower dash out, and then remove the air ducting, which is plastic welded to the dash. And then undo the whole centre unit. Then plastic weld it all back together, AND THEN PUT EVERYTHING BACK.

Just for those vents. :evil:

Are you f**king joking?! Whats air ducting? How the feck do you plastic weld? lol

MK3

Dynamiqueee
How did you do the clock / temp display mate? Most that i've seen look like 2 blobs of light where the bulbs are, but yours looks much better.

?
Mine looks oem, you need to buy a transparent filter and fit/cut it to size to replace the original orange filter. Dont bother sanding the original.

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Where could i get hold of said filter? I've seen the diffuser paper but aparently that makes no difference. Cheers

Mine looks oem, you need to buy a transparent filter and fit/cut it to size to replace the original orange filter. Dont bother sanding the original.

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Thanks. So are there no visible light spots atall? I assume you just changed the bulbs for blue ones?

Megane 225
IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

P1000264.jpg

P1000266.jpg

Yes i did! although im changing my dial colour again! getting diffused blue bulbs as the other ones were to dull.

Mk2 Clio RT 1.2

how much to do this? really want it for mine just havent got the time to do it myself!

Megane 225
send dials up and £10 for the bulbs and my takeaway that night and will do it for you in one sit down session then send them back to you. What model we taking about here? Im off all next week so will be a quick turnaround.

Send me a PM if you want to go ahead :)