ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dashlight fog light?

My 2003 clio sport seems to have a funny spell. if i use my indicators the rear fog light symbol comes on with them. If i brake it decides to come on aswell? any ideas?? cheers

rb182 cup
My 2003 clio sport seems to have a funny spell. if i use my indicators the rear fog light symbol comes on with them. If i brake it decides to come on aswell? any ideas?? cheers
mine does the same....the symbol is only faint though. my mate said theres a bad earth somewhere. i dont let it bother me....only notice it when its dark & thats only if you look at the dash

was thinking maybe a earth issue. none of the lights come on outside tho? might pull the apart this weekend and re connect them all up...cheers mate

rb182 cup
was thinking maybe a earth issue. none of the lights come on outside tho? might pull the apart this weekend and re connect them all up...cheers mate
ah rite...my lights still do work...for example if ive got my lights on & i brake...the fog symbol comes on but only faint. that probably doesnt help you :)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Rear lights 100% Take off the loom connectors, flick out the prongs which connect to the clusters (you'll see what i mean)

Then on the lights, clean up the metal contacts with some sandpaper.

You'll also notice if you have your rear side lights on with the indicators, the lights will dim to the indicator flash ;)

ph2 172
Funny you posted this. I was out doing mine today. I've noticed it most when its wet outside, and my rear lights get moisture inside them.
Today was a lovely and sunny day so i took my rear lights off band removed the bulb holders, made sure everything was dry and the contacts were clean.
Got in and tested, it didn't happen when I tested it. We'll see if it holds up.