ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Daytime Running lights

Clio 1.2 2004
Hi all,

I was wondering if any one has fitted daytime running lights ( pretty sure someone will have ) and what ones they used also where they mounted them eg the grille around the badge or the lower grille ?

Thanks Ally :)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Bleh, saw some behind me on the way to work the other day... on a mk1 Micra.

Looked utter toss.

If they're not factory they look crap to me.

In my personal opinion, fitting dtrl's to a clio will make it look like you have crashed into the local halfords and then sent skip, your trusty Labrador shopping on behalf of you, whilst you try and salvage the wreckage with your white stick....

All in my opinion of course.... Very willing to be proved wrong!

Clio 1.2 2004
Thats why im asking what ones people have used and not rushing in and buying sh***y looking ones, cos iv seen one or two sets that look half decent but there is alot of ones that look crap :/ .

i got led strip lights off ebay in 2007 for my mk 3 and put them under the headlights and personally the way the fit pefectly into the body work and they were the right size mad them look good, i had to wire them into the rear side lights as it was much easier then finding the right wire in the loom of the headlight,
6168702539_636562cde4_b.jpg

CIMG0541 by glenndobledesigns, on Flickr
close up when off,
6169611919_ab0b088c88_b.jpg

CIMG0894 by glenndobledesigns, on Flickr
on a night

but i have now sold that car and bought a clio gt and i want to put running bars on it instead of strip lights.

I just use my Xenons

In all fairness though I think they look s**t! Even as standard sometimes..

Suzuki Jimny
They are f**king s**t and every car that has them fitted should be destroyed. (Except for Volvos that do it properly)

JDB

Clio 1.2 16v
They are f**king s**t and every car that has them fitted should be destroyed. (Except for Volvos that do it properly)

Seen a new audi with them today, looked pretty smart to me. Understandable to look s**t on older cars.

Inferno 182
Only look nice on audi's or brand new car's with them factory fitted. Wouldn't waste your money tbh, just get LED sidelights if you want something along them lines, its not in your face and looks alright.

Turbos.
All cars made after 2012 will have to have them as standard by law

DRLs, yeah, but not LEDs.

Unless they are factory, it just screams of desperation. If you can't afford a pimp car, then i wouldn't get bright fcuking LEDs to draw everyone's attention to that fact.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
i got led strip lights off ebay in 2007 for my mk 3 and put them under the headlights and personally the way the fit pefectly into the body work and they were the right size mad them look good, i had to wire them into the rear side lights as it was much easier then finding the right wire in the loom of the headlight,
6168702539_636562cde4_b.jpg

CIMG0541 by glenndobledesigns, on Flickr
close up when off,
6169611919_ab0b088c88_b.jpg

CIMG0894 by glenndobledesigns, on Flickr
on a night

but i have now sold that car and bought a clio gt and i want to put running bars on it instead of strip lights.

ZOMG!

Gay as f*ck unless they're factory fitted, as bad as angel eyes.

Xenons on 24/7 or you're a peasant.

Da

Less
The new Clio can be ordered with DRL's, but to be fair they look awful.

Just seems the latest 'bandwagon' that every manufacturer wants to jump on, and, on the whole, they all look dire.

Lights on in the daytime just irritates the f**k out of me, let alone the poncy LEDs.

Some countries require lights on in the day time by law, there was mention of it being brought in here at one stage but haven't heard anything about it in a while

Some countries require lights on in the day time by law, there was mention of it being brought in here at one stage but haven't heard anything about it in a while

Yeah, my missuses Dad's T5 automatically turns on the sidelights when you turn the engine on - if I had one it would be the first thing I'd change, can't stand it.

is1

Integra Type R DC2
The new Clio can be ordered with DRL's, but to be fair they look awful.

Just seems the latest 'bandwagon' that every manufacturer wants to jump on, and, on the whole, they all look dire.

Well said. The cars fitted with them look like Christmas trees.
Audi stole a march on the other manufacturers. I'd be interested to know how many people bought Audi models partly for these lights, whether they admit it or not.
Every time I drive passed one, I think "idiot", they might not be of course.

is1

Integra Type R DC2
They going to be law soon enough, so it's not a bandwagon. It's preparation.

New laws can be "bandwagon jumping" too. Audi used it as an opportunity to use LED style lights for the look and fair play to them. I reckon they sold a lot of Audis as a result.
What is it going to change? Are we really going to see a drop in accidents because people have their lights on?
I doubt it, the most common forms of accidents (rear enders, lane changes, roundabouts) will not be affected by having the lights on. Eventually, everyone will have lights on in the day and it will become the norm.

What is it going to change? Are we really going to see a drop in accidents because people have their lights on?
I doubt it, the most common forms of accidents (rear enders, lane changes, roundabouts) will not be affected by having the lights on. Eventually, everyone will have lights on in the day and it will become the norm.

I doubt it too, but the EU wouldn't make them mandatory unless it had some effect. Pity as they look so f**king ugly, they RUIN the DS3 imo.

I've seen too many cars with these add on LED strips, they look so bad it hurts.

Standard orange bulbs with blaring white led strips added to every crevice that exists on the front bumper, yep looks sweet mate. :rolleyes:

Listerine & Poledo
No. That's the Daily Mail you're talking about.

One leads to another.

Seen too many cars with these add on LED strips, they look so bad it hurts,

Standard orange bulbs with blaring white led strips added to every crevice that exists on the front bumper, yep looks factory mate. :rolleyes:

Used to see it mostly on cars driven by Eastern Europeans (typically a big, x-plate Audi or Merc, occasionally Pug coupes). I didn't make the point with them though, they could tear a man in half with no effort.