ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

De-Wipered, and a good clean !!

BMW 330ci
Finally made the choice to de-wiper, and glad I did tbh as it really tidies the back up. Tried taking the motor completely out, but had no look, and I broke the wiper so just got the hacksaw on it, and that was that lol. Then CBA to go to halfords, so I thought I would just wrap the plate in carbon fibre, and it has worked great tbh, looks good. Also gave the car a wash, and then could tell the wax was no longer there, and there was a few marks, and swirls appearing more and more. so decided to put some AG SRP, and EG on. Car looked great so didnt get no great pics just some quick ones, but you get the idea.

Pics:

6745262055_ce9e09c897.jpg

DSCF4073 by Brad-Smith, on Flickr

6745255237_fd9c178fc2.jpg

DSCF4072 by Brad-Smith, on Flickr

6745248763_2ed41146e0.jpg

DSCF4071 by Brad-Smith, on Flickr

6743994559_6ec707012b.jpg

DSCF4069 by Brad-Smith, on Flickr

C+C Welcome
Thanks
Brad

BMW 330ci
Thanks mate. Was thinking about changing to my graphite grey 172 wheels, but after cleaning it prefer the silver on black.

Clio 182
Looks good. Is it me or do the reflections in the 1st and last pics make it look like the wiper's still there??

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Was confirming de wipering mine this weekend, is the motor hard to take out? As you said you couldn't manage it.

Also what size grommet needs to be used?

Looks great!

The grommet can be bought from a multi pack in Halfords, I forget which one it is you need but its in there.

I havent dewipered this Clio as I've been using the rear wiper alot recently, might do it closer to the summer though

BMW 330ci
Looks good, needs the badges though

I know when I looked at the car outside just, was thinking I need to put it back on :\ especially with having the two holes spoils it. Think I should keep it silver, or spray black ?

Looks good. Is it me or do the reflections in the 1st and last pics make it look like the wiper's still there??
Thanks. Haha yeah does look a little like it.
Was confirming de wipering mine this weekend, is the motor hard to take out? As you said you couldn't manage it.

Also what size grommet needs to be used?

Looks great!
The motor looks like it wouldve come out, but I couldn't get the wiper arm off. So it was getting late and I was loosing my patience, plus I had broke the arm anyway, so just thought f**k it and chopped it off lol. If I want it back I'll just buy one lol. And I never used a grommet, put bluetac in the hole, then put carbon fibre vinyl over it, seems to be ok for now lol.

And thanks.

Looks really nice mate.

Thanks mate.

The grommet can be bought from a multi pack in Halfords, I forget which one it is you need but its in there.

I havent dewipered this Clio as I've been using the rear wiper alot recently, might do it closer to the summer though

I would do it ;) improves the rear end I think. Plus when the rear window is really dirty I will know the car needs cleaning lol.