ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decent external hard drive - circa 1 - 2 TB

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
I have a 250GB Elements external HD which I use for back ups, however, I'm about to go on a digitising mission, which means I'm gonna need a lot more storage.

Any suggestions.

Would prefer not to have a powered desk top solution due to effectively not having a desk, and being lap top based.

Looking for good VFM. Won't be used to store anything critical, but will still be a ball ache if it bricks itself.

Cheers

Deeg

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Whatever brand anyone says, someone else will know a mate who's brothers friends cat walker had one of those drives and it crashed losing all his pictures of pigeons. So you should avoid at all costs.

I'd suggest something like this..

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/29681707/Western-Digital-Elements-Portable-USB3-1TB/Product.html

That is basically what I have been looking at, was just curious as to whether anyone knew of any good deals on anything.

Cheers Revels.

Bumder With A Buffer
Got it from PC world for £89.

Winner.

Need to digitise now. Urgh, painful.

You see how much it was in store?? 109.99 I think.

I went ot get one after seeing it online (didn't think to reserve) and noticed the £20 quid difference. They wouldn't match the price...So I got my phone out, went online and "reserved it" in front of the sales guy.

89 quid thank you very much.

Seems a bit silly really!

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member

I went ot get one after seeing it online (didn't think to reserve) and noticed the £20 quid difference. They wouldn't match the price...So I got my phone out, went online and "reserved it" in front of the sales guy.

I had to buy it online. There was no stick in any local stores, and there site was driving me crazy.

It's mad that they wouldn't price match it when you asked. I can understand the disparity in price, but seems short sighted to not sell it to you.

Audi S1

I've had this in the past. Seems very pointless, but quiet common.