ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decisions, decisions!

Renault Clio Mk2 1.4 RT
So i want to spray my wheels and brake drums, but im stuck for ideas.

8x2245.jpg

Im thinking anthracite for the wheels and maybe yellow for the brake drums because every second person round here has red drums.

Any ideas welcome.

Renault Clio Mk2 1.4 RT
im thinking black wheels with yellow drums and calipers now and yellow dimanonds in the centre caps.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
basically mate the wheels are far to big for a clio, 15" or 16" is the biggest u can go really without it looking stupid, there is a few people on here with 17s, but they have pulled it off with a decent suspension set up.

Renault Clio Mk2 1.4 RT
basically mate the wheels are far to big for a clio, 15" or 16" is the biggest u can go really without it looking stupid, there is a few people on here with 17s, but they have pulled it off with a decent suspension set up.

What do you mean by a decent set up? Just lowered? How much are they lowered by?

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Coileys if u wanna go pro!! I would get shot of those wheels tbh and get a nice set of 15s and lower 60mm, u will get a better ride, better handling and ur speedo wont be so far out. But its ur car its up to u.

Renault Clio Mk2 1.4 RT
Coileys if u wanna go pro!! I would get shot of those wheels tbh and get a nice set of 15s and lower 60mm, u will get a better ride, better handling and ur speedo wont be so far out. But its ur car its up to u.

Youve got me thinking again now lol.

I need convincing though that 15 would be a lot better.

I mean what is so much better about 15s compared to 17s.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
heres my old clio

black 15" dynamique alloys lowerd 60mm

P090808_1017.gif

and another with oz f1s 15"

20122008287.gif

Paint the drums black, seriously. Anthracite sounds good for the wheels.

+1

Get some 15"/16" wheels imo.

Don't think bigger wheels are better, it's a small car doesn't need huge wheels. Same reason you dont see Range Rovers rolling on 15s.

Lower it until the top of the tyre meets the arch and you could get away with whatever wheels imo,

mine when i had 17s
Image009-2-1.gif

Now with 16s, alot better to drive now

Image007-3.gif

Renault Clio Mk2 1.4 RT
Cheers for all your ideas lads but the drums are going yellow just because i want to be different and not the same as everyone else. As for the wheels if i can get a set of 16s cheap enough then al get them and refurb them.

Cheers again

drums are going yellow just because i want to be different and not the same as everyone else.

maybe do the front calipers yellow but i'd seriously do the rear drums black,

all painting them a bright colour does is shows everyone you have a slow car, mine are black, fronts are red btw

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I think you have made the wrong decision, but it's your motor and it really doesn't affect me anyway.

Renault Clio Mk2 1.4 RT
maybe do the front calipers yellow but i'd seriously do the rear drums black,

all painting them a bright colour does is shows everyone you have a slow car, mine are black, fronts are red btw

Wont this look uneven and a bit naff though?

You got a pic of yours?

Wont this look uneven and a bit naff though?

You got a pic of yours?

Wont look too bad mate, the drums are hidden behind the big spokes of the wheels, and the calipers poke out a bit showing abit of colour.

Drums are normally on slower cars, faster models like 172/182s have calipers on the back which people normally paint, so painting the drums only tells everyone your cars a slower model, paint them black and they wont be noticed atall, and if done in hammerite it'l stop the rust.

Pics of mine in the first page

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
drums black end of, you dont want to show off thats youve got drums,

also i had 17s, the fill the arch well, but theyre just too big, you cant go low on 17s at all and no matter how much you lower it, it will still look high,

also it will knacker your drive shafts and the price of even budget tyres is ridiculous,

17s completey ruin the stance untill you spence £400+ on suspension,

get some 15s, and lower it, will look much nicer,
also, i got nangkangs for my 17s (all i could afford)
and was sliding all over the place,

when i get 15s, bridgestone ponentas were cheaper than the budgets for my 17s!!!

youll notice a difference in performance too with 15s, might be all in my head, but i felt a difference,

big wheels go on big cars,
small wheels on small cars,

you wont regret it!