ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dented battered bonnet fix

2005 Clio 182 ff
So my BG182 had so many dents in the bonnet I couldn't see past it, I found a bonnet on the bay for £40 but it was a weird purple/blue colour. I got a quote to respray it, blow it into the wings and spray the tops of the doors that need some love also, £750!! So I ended up wrapping the bonnet myself with hexis Matte black. Came out pretty good, thoughts?

Attachments

• 20180404_170338.jpg
    20180404_170338.jpg
    774.8 KB · Views: 206
  2005 Clio 182 ff
Spraying the tops of the doors, above or below the window?

Yeah looks good mate

Thanks mate, above the Windows, They are pretty bad. Had a quote of £500 for cash but the guy doesn't use a booth and crap paint would grate on me every time I look at it....

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Took me months to find my new BG bonnet and that's not without dents (has a couple very minor ones that I'll get a dent man on eventually).

They all seem to be pressed in in the front edge

2005 Clio 182 ff
Looks alright this! Any close up pics?
Can post one up tomorrow but, I probably watched 200 videos before I wrapped it so it's pretty spot on, corners are good and no bubbles or marks. Pleased with how it came out

2005 Clio 182 ff
Took me months to find my new BG bonnet and that's not without dents (has a couple very minor ones that I'll get a dent man on eventually).
They all seem to be pressed in in the front edge
Mine was all creased at the front above the catch, it was beyond repair, it looked rough and I gave up looking for a BG!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Euro car parts have the premium bonnet for under a £100 and even renault arent that expensive. Bonnet spray isnt that cheap though - £200 approx but will be cheaper than spraying a second hand bonnet as there will be minimal prep like sanding and filling.

2005 Clio 182 ff
I had a decent bg bonnet. Stone chipped but no dents.
Couldn’t give it away so lobbed it in a skip
It' always the way! I want wheel spacers at the minute but there are none about but there has been loads. I' pretty impatient lol

2005 Clio 182 ff
Euro car parts have the premium bonnet for under a £100 and even renault arent that expensive. Bonnet spray isnt that cheap though - £200 approx but will be cheaper than spraying a second hand bonnet as there will be minimal prep like sanding and filling.
Didnt think of buying a new replacement, thought it would have been too expensive. Still would have come in at £300 odd where my current solution cost £60. May be worth doing when I want to sell the car though.

2005 Clio 182 ff

Attachments

• 20180408_175937.jpg
    20180408_175937.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 20180408_175848.jpg
    20180408_175848.jpg
    454.4 KB · Views: 77
  • 20180408_175858.jpg
    20180408_175858.jpg
    432 KB · Views: 74
  • 20180408_175835.jpg
    20180408_175835.jpg
    401.9 KB · Views: 79

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Unless Big pennies it ain’t gonna be much faster.

I’d recommend sticking it on the rollers and see if it’s behaving itself.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Sounds like a good idea, recommend anywhere around Essex?
Engine Dynamics - Andy is the man to speak to.
Unit 25 Allshots Enterprise Court Woodhouse Lane, Colchester, CO5 9DF

BMW 320d SE
Looks good. I’m in a similar situation with my titanium silver 182. The bonnet is rusting and finding a replacement bonnet in the same colour is like looking for rocking horse poo. My only options are an eBay bonnet in a random colour, or a new one from Euro Car Parts. Either way, I think I’ll have to have it wrapped. The question is, can you wrap a new bonnet that just comes primed?

2005 Clio 182 ff
Looks good. I’m in a similar situation with my titanium silver 182. The bonnet is rusting and finding a replacement bonnet in the same colour is like looking for rocking horse poo. My only options are an eBay bonnet in a random colour, or a new one from Euro Car Parts. Either way, I think I’ll have to have it wrapped. The question is, can you wrap a new bonnet that just comes primed?

I think as long as the panel is cleaned with panel wipe or isoproply alcohol the wrap will adhere fine. I have seen people wrap body panels with big primed repairs. Id email the wrap supplier to be safe.