ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I've used the middle no2 polish and worked nice as a single stage.

The pink finishing polish seemed well lubricated as it wanted to just keep on being worked, but only used it on soft motorbike paint

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
So had a Waxybox session today.. Found all the products very good, especially the blindtest sealant/QD! It smells lovely and the results are very impressive. I really want to find out what it is..

Anyway, quick shot..

9432301332_2e15cf5c95_c.jpg

Waxybox #010 by Lawro1988, on Flickr

330i. E30 Touring.
Never understood why you bennies always go on about how a product smells?

Guess that just sums up detailing tbh.

Not a 320d
Never understood why you bennies always go on about how a product smells?

Guess that just sums up detailing tbh.

Because it adds to the whole experience. Nothing better than sticking you nose in a pot of nice smelling wax and taking a deep breath on a summers afternoon. Or the faint whiff you get as you buff the residue from the paintwork. Try doing that with Collinite and youll be in hospital.

Ignore the 203S

How does RD3.02 on a green pad followed by 106FA on a white pad sound?

For the RB? Yes, sounds good by DA. Then I'd look at finishing it with a decent pre-wax like Amigo or Tripple either by hand or on a blue pad.

Mike - if a product smells to high heaven (IronX) you're not going to use it that often. If a product makes you want to eat it, I guarantee most would consider using it for the sake of it.

Because it adds to the whole experience. Nothing better than sticking you nose in a pot of nice smelling wax and taking a deep breath on a summers afternoon. Or the faint whiff you get as you buff the residue from the paintwork. Try doing that with Collinite and youll be in hospital.

Why does your car in your profile link to a pollen filter?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah that's it mate was thinking of going over after with with something like Amigo or Ez creme, probably just use the last bit of the tripple up as well. Cheers.

C2V3 500ml came through;

​Ill be applying 1 layer a week. Do you think its excessive?

If I ever meet you, I'll have so many PMs/texts asking me to floor you FFS.

No; it's only excessive if affects the paint and/or it doesn't make financial sense. Money is up to you and C2V3 layered just adds to the looks and won't be detrimental.

I washed my car nearly every day when I was finished with school. Mainly because I was obsessed with it being clean for meets/driving. And it was a good hangover cure.

Not a 320d
I know. I was drunk, pretty much all weekend. Otherwise I was going to suggest meeting for a beer*.

*other non-alcohol related past times are available, folks.

Lot of gayers about. The clubs were packed with them.

was that you making your way into two brewers club yesterday evening?

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Personally I'd rather something tried and tested. Nothing to do with brand snobbery, it's just I don't know how much I'd trust something like that without seeing a few reviews first.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
But it's less than half the price of the next option.

​i understand you can't put a price on a potential respray but even if it gives you some sort of idea it's better than nothing?

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
It wilful s always be in the back of my mind, A) what if it breaks and I have to buy another. b) cost of re spray when it gives false readings.

Had a chat with Richard at Waxybox, hes given us this offer for 3-month subscriptions -

"A current £50 box works out at £14.16 plus pnp, your boxes are £11 plus pnp, which would make it £40.50 for three months 1st class, or £40 to round it down."

This is the absolute minimum he can go to, anyone up for this?

Will get a thread up if people are keen.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Had a chat with Richard at Waxybox, hes given us this offer for 3-month subscriptions -

"A current £50 box works out at £14.16 plus pnp, your boxes are £11 plus pnp, which would make it £40.50 for three months 1st class, or £40 to round it down."

​Im in.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Really good deal and probably works out quite a lot of stuff!

jakeg

ClioSport Club Member
  Rs Clio 172

im in again too, judging on last group buy I don't think youll struggle to get names down, out of interest is there a minimum??