ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

I can still read the forums.....

It pains me but I think you're right and I'm going to have to dilute this. :cry:

Whats the ratio?

1:3 with distilled for QD, which in your case is the best bet. I need to pick up some cheap distilled water from Tesco to do the same, so I can wash and top mine up this weekend.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I have literally never had it streak on me. Used it on Black even a few times now.

Likewise, but then again, we're not tards... ;)

Also, from speaking to Rob, it's usually down to over application... which again is amusing, Mr IAPPLYNEATEACHWEEKy0.

Not a 320d
Its really really bad. Like theres loads of residue left.

Maybe its because ive been using it neat. A damp cloth will wipe away the streaks.

Its really really bad. Like theres loads of residue left.

Maybe its because ive been using it neat. A damp cloth will wipe away the streaks.

Shows up more on black don't forget. Towards the end of the second coat, mine showed some minor marks. Not streaks. Just needing a go over again. I put it down to the MF applicator pad being overloaded.

Not a 320d
Yeah. Why the f**k did I get black again.

Ill try diluting the stuff next time and stop being a tit.

​I was in Clapham all weekend :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
You just spray on the cloth and panel, minimal amount (I still use too much) and then buff with a clean cloth. I fail to see the residue issue.

Not a 320d
Well I was doing:

Mist the pannel Lightly....
Spread about with the cloth until most of teh liquid had gone. Wipe over with dry, clean MF.

It could be the black paint Ive got showing everything up.

Next time Im going to try a light mist then a wipe down with a damp MF cloth.

If not Ill try diluted.

Its a great finish and the beading is above average so dont want to switch really.

For comparison;

Dry car - one spray on MF applicator pad treated with i1 - spread over one panel in back and forth motion - breeze over with a clean, dry MF. Nothing remains and it beads like crazy.

FFS even my father gets it right first time around!

Not a 320d
For comparison;

Dry car - one spray on MF applicator pad treated with i1 - spread over one panel in back and forth motion - breeze over with a clean, dry MF. Nothing remains and it beads like crazy.

:dapprove:

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I want C2V3 but with so much TC left I'm struggling to justify buying it :(

IX'd + Tardis'd the car the other night so topped up with Tripple and Tough Coat.

y2ypu2er.jpg

Still needs major paint correction though :(

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good though mate. Pop the TC up for sale? The C2 is like £8!

Trophy #491
For comparison;

Why use I1?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Looks bloody good from where I'm sitting, Andy!

Cheers fella, Slowly getting to grips with this detailing malarky.

Looks good though mate. Pop the TC up for sale? The C2 is like £8!

I'll no doubt just end up ordering some C2V3 when I next place an order from someone and using TC on friends/families cars..... I can see my collection growing and growing ahaha.

Can anyone recommend some decent spot pads?

Ive finally got myself a DA. I'm going to be giving my bike a once over as the tank has some light scratches from where the zip on a jacket has been moving around.

I will proberly take the tank off to make it easier. Dont suppose if anyone knows what Honda paint is like?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Generally soft. Worth trying a hex black pad then step up to white if need more bite.

Because it's contoured you need to be careful as burn through is too easy. Very light polish will work fine.

Oh and i've decided, via DA nothing beats hex pads. They're superb. I've actually been using my DA much more than my rotary recent heralding great results.

Not a 320d
Yeah really pleased with C2V3 :)

Looks so freeking slick. Paintwork feel is awesome too.

Once ive got this application issue sorted then I can see why people rave about it.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Right need a new wash mitt.. Saw this, anyone know if its any good? Don't want to spend over £15 ideally more like £10.. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dodo-Juic...re_Cleaning&hash=item3f2399540d#ht_343wt_1018

I'm using the meguirs lamswool mitt at the moment but its not got much thickness to the wool anymore. What are you guys all using?

Also about to buy some C2V3 see what all the hype is about, will it be okay to just dilute it into an old window cleaner bottle? And as for the product, is it more just a beading sheeting agent or does it add to the gloss also?

Last edited:
I used the swisswax fabric cleaner last night and I'm surprised at how good it actually is.

I thought i would test it on my van seat which was filthy from where I just jump in and drive home after work. Just generally dirt, oil residue and it brought it up a treat. I had tried a few various products before to try a lift these stains with no luck. Great product.

Does anyone have the picture of that impreza handy. The one which is half protected for comparison, someone I know doesnt beileve in sealants.

I can't find it on the net

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Right that in name product in the waxybox

Less than a week after application...

null_zps6a450a9f.jpg

It was applied after a decontamination and a full wipedown. Results are a bit s**t tbh, although it looked good and was nice to apply.

This is my car will the bullet spray sample that came in the previous box...

null_zps3b9b1747.jpg

applied under the same circumstances. It's also over a month old and the car is far dirtier. The stuff is great tbh!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
All you need to do is spray a small panel once or directly onto a microfibre and spread it around, then buff off with a clean microfibre or just the clean side. Job done.

a larger panel might need 2 or 3 sprays. No need to leave it to cure or use as much as EGP

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Is armourall any good?

got some samples in pfc and I've used the sealant stuff on my wheels, smells ace and goes on well. Can't remember the name but it says 'better than wax, dirt won't stick to your car'