ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I think I've asked this recently but best looking/lasting quick spray sealant? Just noted EasyCoat from Gtechniq and a big fan of the brand. Has anyone tried it up against Gyeon et al? @Gally perhaps, brother?!
Does it have to be a wet spray one?

If so I agree with Riz, I thought wet cpat was one of the easiest less likely to spot one. Bathe+ was good also to keep it topped up.

Spray sealant wise I always assumed C2 was still up there, I like cancoat but it's not a quick topper style like C2 always felt like.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Ha
I just won 100ml of Gyeon q2pure Evo on Instagram.

Anyone used it? Assume it's better than cancoat?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Ha
I just won 100ml of Gyeon q2pure Evo on Instagram.

Anyone used it? Assume it's better than cancoat?
Is the pure more of an actual ceramic coating? Not a topper like cancoat?

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
I think what @Gally is getting at is using Cancoat as a topper.

And, tbh, id be inclined to agree.

I used to think you could go in with a coating and, bosh, done for 3 years. Having used them a fair bit now, im realising that is not the case. Ive learnt to treat coatings a bit like you would a nice wax. You lay it down, let it cure and then apply a topper of sorts to 'protect' the ceramic below. Think of it like laying down a nice glossy wax, then applying a sacrificial layer of spray wax on top. Same difference in a way.

and, yes, the nonsense of applying a coating to then cover that coating with another form of coating isnt lost on me.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I think what @Gally is getting at is using Cancoat as a topper.

And, tbh, id be inclined to agree.

I used to think you could go in with a coating and, bosh, done for 3 years. Having used them a fair bit now, im realising that is not the case. Ive learnt to treat coatings a bit like you would a nice wax. You lay it down, let it cure and then apply a topper of sorts to 'protect' the ceramic below. Think of it like laying down a nice glossy wax, then applying a sacrificial layer of spray wax on top. Same difference in a way.

and, yes, the nonsense of applying a coating to then cover that coating with another form of coating isnt lost on me.

It comes with Gyeon Cure to use as a sacrificial layer, although not as good as Cancoat.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I just think of ceramic as a second lacquer, always used a topper and it would be cancoat. Can coat is better than cure.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Looking at their marketing blurb. Pure is more formidable than Cancoat?
It is, it's a ceramic coating, but cancoat would be the topper, the performance layer, hence they will tell you to use cure to protect against water spotting?

Reactions: riz

Jonesaaaay93

ClioSport Club Member
This has likely been covered already in this thread but for the life of me I can't find an answer...
Please excuse my ignorance.

I just ordered a detailing kit online (nothing fancy, had a couple of brushes, microfiber cloth etc).
The detailing brushes are my question - they are a black plasticy material (maybe nylon?) Are these ok to use? They feel way too hard to certainly be used on bodywork or alloys, but the interior trim? Was expecting to only get soft hair brushes in these sort of car detailing kits (although I guess you get what you pay for).

Any help would be great 👍

Lafecuw Car Cleaning Kit with Storage Bag,19 PCS Car Detailing Brushes Set Car Washing Kit for Car Motorcycle Bike Cleaning Rims, Dashboard, Interior, Exterior, Leather, Air Vents, Emblem https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B73CZBLQ/?tag=cliospnet01-21

As I said, probably get what I pay for, £20 for the whole set off Amazon 🥲
*Absolutely fine.

**The metal bristle ones are great at cleaning delicate areas of paint work too!

*not joking
**definitely joking

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
If I have one of these:

Will one of these with the 1/4” quick fit, fit?

Is the fitting from my first link a 1/4” quick release? I’m stupid and can’t work it out for myself.

Kthnxbi

x

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
@riz @Gally massively impressed by the Gyeon duo. Thanks, gents. Bathe+ in particular is really good for all uses (other cars, family cars etc).

No probs. Bathe plus isn't a normal shampoo so it doesn't sud like crazy but it does add a nice layer

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Always annoyed me the lack of suds but it's great with can coat. Going to put can coat Evo on one of our new cars that's come. Long term tester.

Always annoyed me the lack of suds but it's great with can coat. Going to put can coat Evo on one of our new cars that's come. Long term tester.
No probs. Bathe plus isn't a normal shampoo so it doesn't sud like crazy but it does add a nice layer

That's good to know. I was surprised at the lack of suds, even with a water softener plugged in. But it's left it really nicely sheeting and beading. I only used WetCoat on the wheels in the end, as I've still got some protection going (could be the Duel Flex Coat still going).

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Suds are a weird one, a lot of modern shampoos don't have much due to sulphates. That's why I snowfoam when hand washing, extra layer of lubrication, surprinsingly more folk don't snow foam when hand washing. Even just a diluted one or a cheap one. After pre wash.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Couple of questions from a complete car wash amateur.

Whats the best VFM bulk fallout cleaner? I use AB purple rain at the moment, it works ok but I seem to get through it like very quickly.

Also snow foam. Currently use AG polar blast but again it doesn’t seem to lift much dirt, so any other recommendations will be appreciated.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin

Whats the best VFM bulk fallout cleaner? I use AB purple rain at the moment, it works ok but I seem to get through it like very quickly.

Also snow foam. Currently use AG polar blast but again it doesn’t seem to lift much dirt, so any other recommendations will be appreciated.

CarPro ironX is probably the best I’ve used but it can work out a bit pricey. Buying the 4 litre bottle works out a fair bit cheaper in the long run.

My go to snow foam is still Bilthamber Touchless. Yet to find anything better.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member

Bilt Hamber Kerrosol is £60 for 5L and is my go to.

IronX is £60 for 4L.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
For fallout remover, bang for buck, I cannot fault CarChems Detox.

Unfortunately youve missed black friday deals as theyre epic but on ebay they tend to do 5L for a reasonable price.

Its not quite as good as Kerrosol or some of the others but, I paid £56 for 25L (yes, twenty five)