ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
These marks seem to be stained into the glass. I polished it last year so this may have occured since then. I want to put some G1 on this year I think but is there anyway to get rid of this first easily. Can always polish again before applying G1 but I'd be interested in other ways. It only shows up when the glass is being cleaned/dried as soon as any moisture evaporates it's clear again.

20240128_084409.jpg

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Took advantage of the dry sunny weather today to wash the E60 to take some for sale advert pictures. It has not been washed since about October and I am doing 140miles a day on a motorway and live down a single track lane that is covered in mud. It was filthy. Wanted to leave it longer to he how grim it could get but couldn't turn down the opportunity for the advert pictures so I can get it advertised ASAP when I fix the Z3

This was just after giving a coating of APC and then jet wash, forgot what the actual colour was!

IMG_0948.jpeg

Also first time I have washed a car at my new place. The water is realy soft and it makes such a difference with keeping the water all foamy.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Just bought my neighbours Fiesta (he was about to scrap it....)

Its absolutely hanging but now ive mechanically fixed the non-start issue, its over to detailing to get it ready for sale.

I plan on removing the seats, hoovering, wet vac, steam clean etc.

However, he used to keep his stash of green in there and it pongs to high heaven. It wont be easy for me to sell on with the stench of ganja.

Anyone had any success removing the smell? I dont think he smoked it in there, just kept his stash in there...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Just bought my neighbours Fiesta (he was about to scrap it....)

Its absolutely hanging but now ive mechanically fixed the non-start issue, its over to detailing to get it ready for sale.

I plan on removing the seats, hoovering, wet vac, steam clean etc.

However, he used to keep his stash of green in there and it pongs to high heaven. It wont be easy for me to sell on with the stench of ganja.

Anyone had any success removing the smell? I dont think he smoked it in there, just kept his stash in there...
I think you could with some work, seats out. air con bomb etc air the car. @Dr Hiccup is your man!

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Great turnaround there! Looking good

I've recently acquired the neighbours Fiesta for a flipper and, well, that's nothing :eek:

Once I've started sorting it, I'll post some pics

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
What are people using for interior shampoo, I have got a bissel machine. Really considering fire on the fire or no nonsense car shampoo.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
AG interior cleaner is the absolute nuts. Smells so good too.
Don’t use it on leather though, it pulls the dye out.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Any old APC or I've discovered Auto Smart Brisk.
It has brighteners in so they look new after you've done it

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Suds are a weird one, a lot of modern shampoos don't have much due to sulphates. That's why I snowfoam when hand washing, extra layer of lubrication, surprinsingly more folk don't snow foam when hand washing. Even just a diluted one or a cheap one. After pre wash.

Do you leave the snowfoam on and just crack on with the shampoo and mittens? I always rinse snow foam off First

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Do you leave the snowfoam on and just crack on with the shampoo and mittens? I always rinse snow foam off First

It’s rare I do that but would snow foam or pre wash first to get rid of most dirt. Then at the wash stage throw another layer of snow foam on and crack on with washing.

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
All this pre wash snow foam pre wash rinse snow foam wash has got me lost off.

What’s wrong with the good old rinse with a hose, wash with a 79p Asda sponge and a dry.

Then pay a detailer pal to take the swirls out every year or so 🤣

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Hang on

Pre wash
Snow foam
Rinse
Then snow foam and wash with mitt and shampoo.

f**k me not sure my LSP could handle that battering

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Power wash debris off.
Pre wash citrus/apc/snow foam
Hose off good
Snow foam & mitt wash with shampoo.

Now I'm using a light shampoo and a lighter snow foam unless I'm doing an lsp top up.

The snow foam when touch washing is just adding a layer of lubrication and dirt suspension. Always worked for me.

Also light snowfoam when claying aswell. Extra lube. And keeps the panels wet.