ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Ughhh gel... grim.

I'm using Angelwax Enigma Elixir on the tyres. I have been buying cheap foam pads but they're falling apart after 3 months or coming off their backing.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
1000041803.jpg

I got one of these to use with the sateen and it's been really good. Hasn't fallen apart like those bloody foam ones!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
There was a thread on dw about these I think. Trader was selling them and people were stating you can get them cheaper on Ali etc

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Glass cleaner.

Looking at grabbing Traceless, seems brilliant and excellent value at £30.

Has anyone used

Screenshot_2024-02-27-16-11-07-531_com.android.chrome.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Finally got myself a mk3 Rupes 21 polisher.

Ho-Lee-sheet where have you been all my life??

I can literally polish a whole car in under 2 hours now. What a machine!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Finally got myself a mk3 Rupes 21 polisher.

Ho-Lee-sheet where have you been all my life??

I can literally polish a whole car in under 2 hours now. What a machine!
So big. We had a MK1 21 inch. When they came out originally and they felt massive!

What do you use pad and polish on the 21"? @Daniel

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
So big. We had a MK1 21 inch. When they came out originally and they felt massive!

What do you use pad and polish on the 21"? @Daniel
Christ Kev, only had it half a day calm doon.

Only used the white pad with some old Menz 2500 as my polishes are coming Friday.

Yellow Rupes pad, blue Rupes pad, yellow polish and blue polish, and a load of Megs Microfibre pads.

Got it all from James at Ti22.

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Suggestions for a decent brush to remove hair from car seats?

I've also got a never-ending battle to seemingly get rid of sand (I've not been to a beach since getting this car 5 years ago!) from the seat backs, so any suggestions on how I can combat that would be great too!

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I've also got a never-ending battle to seemingly get rid of sand (I've not been to a beach since getting this car 5 years ago!) from the seat backs, so any suggestions on how I can combat that would be great too!

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
Suggestions for a decent brush to remove hair from car seats?

ive seen this alot and seems to work really well

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah they reinvented themselves a few years back. Better out there depending on the price. Koch Chem for one.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Any one used EZ Car Care products?

I've used a fair bit of their stuff along with lots and lots of other brands.

On the whole, it's good enough for a weekend cleaner. There are better products out there as there are cheaper products out there (when on sale).

The thing I like about them is that similar to DFS if the product you want isn't on sale, wait a week and it will be.

I got 10L of their spray on jet wash off sealant (which actually lasts around 12 weeks from my testing) for £30.. wet coat for example would be over £100 for 10L..

Be careful though as some of the products are completely naff.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Brilliant, good to know. Was looking at their fallout remover. 5l for £30 didn’t seem too bad, unless there are better alternatives for the price?

Will take a look at the sealant too as I’m running out of the AG stuff.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Bilt hamber is around £16 a litre, it's dear but works. I've tried cheaper stuff and it's useless, so not good value for money.

Few have mentioned the HDD so that's what I'm trying next. It's the trade version as iirc they do two.

About £35 I think for 5litres.

I'm pretty sure I've tried their (ez) fallout and definitely have tried the tar and glue. I won them cheap on eBay. I ended up binning them

Fallout remover ingredients is expensive hence why the better ones are dear.

Was also mentioned in my thread. HDD road rage is spot on btw but sells out fast.

Last edited:

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Brilliant, good to know. Was looking at their fallout remover. 5l for £30 didn’t seem too bad, unless there are better alternatives for the price?

Will take a look at the sealant too as I’m running out of the AG stuff.

I bought some EZ stuff the other week when they had a sale on. The wheel cleaner is non-acidic and works a treat, even when diluted down. The fusion spray sealant seems to be great too. I haven't tried the snow foam yet. I paid £14.99 for 5l of each of those, so that should last a while.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I bought some EZ stuff the other week when they had a sale on. The wheel cleaner is non-acidic and works a treat, even when diluted down. The fusion spray sealant seems to be great too. I haven't tried the snow foam yet. I paid £14.99 for 5l of each of those, so that should last a while.

Does the wheel cleaner do a good job of getting rid of baked in brake dust?