ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
@Daniel

What size plate and pads are you using with the 21 throw machine?
6 inch mate. But I’m about to order some 5 inch for the smaller panels. The 6 is brilliant for bonnet and roofs but for everything else it’s a hindrance and a smaller pad is easier.
That may change with a bit of practice I’m sure, but I’m not there yet.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I never ever learn

IMG_20240308_142729.jpg

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I always just use a cloth folded over and have tried a few proper applicators but never got on well with the ones I tried. Don't worry the cloth isn't used for anything else lol.

I used to use these when we'd have them laying about used to use them for the kids bath when they were babies but I ended up nicking them as the foam felt good unlike some other sponges. I'm going to get more as I quite liked them. Just cut it in half and get a few uses to each half at least.

SmartSelect_20240310_022027_Tesco.jpg

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
My Karcher K4 has died. It was broke and I tried to fix it now it's dead.

I'm not spending £500 on a Kranzle.

Should I just get another K4?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Or this

5 year warranty

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Aye cheers for the link William🤣🤣
it gets better...

It appears it was a limited run thing so they dont have my set anymore flol. Sorry dude 🤣

If it helps, I barely ever use the teeny tiny one. Med and Large are spot on for 99% of the detailing I do.

link, ya lil' biatch x

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Any one used EZ Car Care products?

I’ve just used some of their Ember luxury shampoo and it’s very good.

I didn’t have high expectations as I only ordered a few bits because they were double cheap. But I wasn't disappointed with this shampoo.

Hollidog

ClioSport Club Member
I messed up at the weekend.

Dipped a toe into ceramic coating and decided to do the windscreen & mirrors as Rain-x just isn't lasting as long with the miles I'm doing for work now.

Windscreen came up mint but I forgot to buff the passenger mirror and the product has gone off leaving "water marks" all over it. :cry:

How do I get rid of it?

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i

Dipped a toe into ceramic coating and decided to do the windscreen & mirrors as Rain-x just isn't lasting as long with the miles I'm doing for work now.

Windscreen came up mint but I forgot to buff the passenger mirror and the product has gone off leaving "water marks" all over it. :cry:

How do I get rid of it?
Something physically abraisive is kind of the only thing with coatings.

Once they set, theyre a pig to remove. Which coating did you use?

If you have a machine with a small head, that will be the one. If not, you can do it by hand as its only going to be a small section. MF towel and some polish will do the trick. It might also work with that Glaco glass polish thing as thats meant to strip all sealants but ive never used it on a freshly coated section.

This is the Glaco stuff - https://soft99store.co.uk/en/home/34-glaco-glass-compound-roll-on-4975759103080.html

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
It's Gtechniq Exo V4.

I do have a DA but I don't have a small head for it. I'll have a crack with a MF and some polish. Expecting a fight.
It shouldnt be too bad to be honest.

The other thing to remember is that polishing glass is silly hard work. What im saying is, dont worry about scratching the glass. Id give it a few minutes and spray some water on there. Repeat if required.

Let me know how you get on, kind of curious to know!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
It shouldnt be too bad to be honest.

The other thing to remember is that polishing glass is silly hard work. What im saying is, dont worry about scratching the glass. Id give it a few minutes and spray some water on there. Repeat if required.

Let me know how you get on, kind of curious to know!
Is it glass though? Wing mirrors are usually plastic mirrors.
@Hollidog . Can you not just pop the mirror glass / plastic out of the actual wing mirror fitting. It'll be easier to polish once it's out of the wing mirror fitting itself.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Got the polisher out for the first time in over a year today.

Big scratch down the side of the X5 had been bothering me for a while, came up really well. While there I finished the door, insane amount of swirls, quick going over with hard pad and Scholl S3.

20240319_115341.jpg

20240319_122742.jpg

And because it made no sense to leave one super shiny door unprotected I cracked open this classic 😍

20240319_122217.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

How do I get rid of it?
Wing mirror glass is very easy to scratch. So don’t go mental. Worse case just buy a new glass?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Got the polisher out for the first time in over a year today.

Big scratch down the side of the X5 had been bothering me for a while, came up really well. While there I finished the door, insane amount of swirls, quick going over with hard pad and Scholl S3.

View attachment 1684478
View attachment 1684479

And because it made no sense to leave one super shiny door unprotected I cracked open this classic 😍

View attachment 1684480
God Glasur on black! I can smell that pot!

• Love
Reactions: MLB

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
One of my favorites, been using mostly spray on products since we had kids due to no time but think I'll start using Glasur more often, such a dream to use 👌

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The new products really have made life easier but god I miss waxing. Some of my favourite nights in the summer waxing the old steed...

P1040347.jpg

A wipe down with z6...

P1040332.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I have it in the arsenal. It's good and very quick. No greasy. Because they are the price they are you aren't risking hundreds.

It's not a C4/dlux competitor though.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
At best imo. Looks a piece of piss to apply so no dramas on durability. As long as it doesn't wash off driving through a puddle lol.