ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Screenshot_2024-03-19-20-34-08-587_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Interesting recommendation mate. I'm in the market for a smaller one that kranzle I have is a beast to be moving about all day! Wanted a smaller one as I'm not cleaning as many cars.

What about that other one folk were recommending?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Interesting recommendation mate. I'm in the market for a smaller one that kranzle I have is a beast to be moving about all day! Wanted a smaller one as I'm not cleaning as many cars.

What about that other one folk were recommending?

My only gripe if the length of the hose but the P60 is 200£ more...

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Definitely restores. The videos will show the clear difference it makes.

Reactions: MLB

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
My only gripe if the length of the hose but the P60 is 200£ more...
Easy change the hose? Hosepipes direct or whatever they are called used to be great for short triggers and hoses.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Easy change the hose? Hosepipes direct or whatever they are called used to be great for short triggers and hoses.

Could do but the hose folds and fits under the carry handle, so would lose that functionality

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Could do but the hose folds and fits under the carry handle, so would lose that functionality
Ah! Being more portable I don't mind the hose length as much. My hose from tap to washer is long also.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
The warranty sold it to me but using It today, it's much better built than my K4 was. The Foam bottle also has ratio markings on and is actually a different design of foam bottle.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I need to replace the hose (because it split) and maybe the lance (because its been jammed into the ground one too many times 😂) on my Nilfisk C105.. any suggestions?

I'll probably end up buying a new pressure washer at some point because the lack of length in the existing hose (and no reel) and also the lack of wheels drive me nuts, but for now only really need a replacement hose because its split after 9 years of abuse

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
I need to replace the hose (because it split) and maybe the lance (because its been jammed into the ground one too many times 😂) on my Nilfisk C105.. any suggestions?

I'll probably end up buying a new pressure washer at some point because the lack of length in the existing hose (and no reel) and also the lack of wheels drive me nuts, but for now only really need a replacement hose because its split after 9 years of abuse
I got a longer replacement hose as a gift, but pretty sure it was from Direct Hoses.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Direct hoses are really good and make things pretty simple. @Cookie also a short stubby trigger. 👍🏻
Ordered a new Nilfisk hose from one place, which would have been fine.. if the old hose wasn't seized in the gun (because it hasn't been removed for 9 years 😂)

So I smashed the old gun to pieces for fun, and ordered a short gun thing from Direct Hoses (they didn't have the hose I needed anyway)
😂

Read my text you plonker.

Anakin

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi TT RS Clio 182
I've tried Infinity wax plastic coat and wasn't that impressed to be honest.
Carpro Dlux wipes the floor with it for restoring the colour and longevity.

came here to look for trim restorer the autoglym stuff rinses right off. My TT RS had a full Carpro Hit, good stuff.
not sure I like the price Carpro Dlux though :p

Pic of freshly CarPro detailed, be rude not to.103018397_536485147227799_2366906942883729663_n.jpg

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
came here to look for trim restorer the autoglym stuff rinses right off. My TT RS had a full Carpro Hit, good stuff.
not sure I like the price Carpro Dlux though :p

Pic of freshly CarPro detailed, be rude not to.View attachment 1687430
Carpro Dlux lasts for ages, a little bit goes a long way. I had high hopes for the Infinity wax plastic coat when it was released as I like their products, but was really disappointed how long it lasted. Autoglym trim gel is poor as well in my opinion.

ex-Chinese Dave

ClioSport Club Member
Just bought a 172 Cup. Obviously the paintwork is as old as the hills and needs work. These photos are of the roof, which is the worst part of the paintwork from what I can see (sorry for the reflection). I washed the car, used some AutoGlym paint renovator (better than T-Cut no doubt!) and polished it with some AutoGlym Uktra Deep Shine polish. It looks a lot better than before but still not good from certain angles, and it doesn’t feel smooth. Am I right in thinking that only a machine polish will restore this? The car also has little scratches all over but from 10ft away looks good.
IMG_8971.jpeg
IMG_8970.jpeg
IMG_8969.jpeg
IMG_8968.jpeg

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Just bought a 172 Cup. Obviously the paintwork is as old as the hills and needs work. These photos are of the roof, which is the worst part of the paintwork from what I can see (sorry for the reflection). I washed the car, used some AutoGlym paint renovator (better than T-Cut no doubt!) and polished it with some AutoGlym Uktra Deep Shine polish. It looks a lot better than before but still not good from certain angles, and it doesn’t feel smooth. Am I right in thinking that only a machine polish will restore this? The car also has little scratches all over but from 10ft away looks good.View attachment 1687628View attachment 1687629View attachment 1687630View attachment 1687631

Yeah, pretty much.