ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Question to those who have tried GT C2V3 and CP Reload

Which do you prefer?

I'm in two minds which to re-order because both have impressed me, I use them for trims, wheels, glass etc; not so much on the bodywork.

Also, which wax removal quality MF's do people recommend? I've always used the Gtechniq ones but if there's better for the money I'll go for another batch.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
What do people recommend for rain repelant for the windows? I have used some aqua stuff before but didn't last long. I want something easy to apply but lasts a bit? Cheers :)

i asked this the other day at clb car care and they sold me some of their own rain repellant seams to be very good so far.

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
Was about to post this in someone's thread. But I thought, rather than s**t on a rainbow, I'll get advice here.

is extra gloss protection s**t, or am I using it wrong?

ive used a small bottle twice since I got it and shelved it after not getting on with it.

i think (it's been a while) it went on like piss water, didnt seem to 'go off' and didnt do much afterwards... No beading, sheeting, gloss etc

Any advice/input?

Isn't that polish.. It's wax you need for the ultimate of bead.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
But it's not a decent sealant for the money. That's the problem. You can get a bottle of spray sealant that pisses over the top of it for £10, it's old school and it's poor nowadays.

Srp can still be useful and many other older products are but Egp has been left long behind.

Not a 320d
I think SRP is still one of the best pre cleaners going thanks to its abrasives. Great on red paintwork thats suffering from minor oxidization..

Are there any coloured polishes available? I tried to polish my white ST with SRP (i know) and couldn't see where I'd put the polish lol. Or any other tips.

Not a 320d
I have 4 brand new bottles of it. 2 Old bottles of it. 2 Large bottles of old stuff.

Lol.

I might sell the new bottles of it cheap. Usually I just give it away to my mates.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Are there any coloured polishes available? I tried to polish my white ST with SRP (i know) and couldn't see where I'd put the polish lol. Or any other tips.

You should be able to see it even on White.

Just make sure you wipe down the panel correctly. Wouldn't be an issue.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I can't get a link at them moment pal. But iirc it was in the 'Most disappointing products thread'. Posts may of been a few months old.

Mental 172 Cup
Who wants a project?? I have an E46 BMW with probably the worst paintwork in the world.. I've tried everything now. Getting fed up with it ha..

Not a 320d
Is CQUK application the same as Gtechniq C1 then? Simple explanation for a simple mind please????

Also can I apply it to exterior trims?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
So then guys whats the best way to remove a bit of bird poo etching, it's very minor hardly visible in fact but will polish suffice? Or maybe a very light wet sand before polishing.

Also decided I'll be applying tripple with a DA, any recommendations on a pad?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
So then guys whats the best way to remove a bit of bird poo etching, it's very minor hardly visible in fact but will polish suffice? Or maybe a very light wet sand before polishing.

Also decided I'll be applying tripple with a DA, any recommendations on a pad?

I srp'd bird s**t etching from my gfs bonnet, took a bit of elbow grease but it came off eventually

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I srp'd bird s**t etching from my gfs bonnet, took a bit of elbow grease but it came off eventually

I'll give it ago tomorrow I have some srp left I think, cheers. Wont pull out the sand paper yet then haha ;).

Dunno wtf the bird eat but it was some lethal s**t and had set like f**king concrete, I had to leave a wet tissue sat on top of the s**t to loosen it up a bit.

BG 182
Does anyone use Gtechniq I1 Smart Fabric on their half Leather/Alcantara?

​Sounds/Looks like a decent product.

Is there a specific way to use Poorboys Black Hole or is it just like an ordinary polish. I'm going to be doing the dads car and I don't think he'll be to happy if something went wrong. Very nooby question I know.

Does anyone use Gtechniq I1 Smart Fabric on their half Leather/Alcantara?

​Sounds/Looks like a decent product.

It is, will work very well on the Alcantara, there is another product called L1 for leather, but it's probably the same stuff.

Is there a specific way to use Poorboys Black Hole or is it just like an ordinary polish. I'm going to be doing the dads car and I don't think he'll be to happy if something went wrong. Very nooby question I know.

Just like an ordinary polish mate. Nothing should go wrong if you have half a brain. Oh wait...

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Can anyone tell me what the difference between some of the Auto Finesse products are?

​For example there are 6 different waxes; Temptation, Spirit, Soul, Passion, Illusion and Desire - other than the price what's the difference? Do some work better with different coloured cars?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
That's one of their major issues mate. Personally I couldn't really recommend any as such as there are too many.

I would love to recommend Desire but after the whole limited edition fiasco I simply couldn't.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Agreed with the above gally. It's a shame as the rest of the products work really well and are reasonably priced, however when looking at their waxes there isn't much to separate them in my opinion.

they would be best sticking with a budget, mid and then high end wax instead of the current 6 and rumoured 7th wax!

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Waxes aren't their strong point IMO

If you want one get the cheapest. I've got temptation. Needs to be removed quickly. Went rock solid when I used it

Fiesta ST200
SRP is my 'go to' product. So nice to use and yields great results, even on its own as a quick fix!

Anyone tried AF illusion? How is it on the looks and longevity front?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Still got one sample of this left guys from someone that didn't want one...

u3ejapy4.jpg

£16 delivered. It really is a stunning wax.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Easily mate. It's softer than a dodo sample pot but that's what makes it so glossy.

Pm me you address mate and i'll send my paypal over.

Not a 320d
What machine polisher should I buy?

No DA unless Bigfoot Rupes ..... Rotary decided it wanted to spew oil out over my paintwork,

Golf GT & A4 Avant
If the internals are anything like the EP800 I'd rather pay more. I didn't like it at all.

still don't think you can argue with the 3m machine. But if I had the money to be buying an E92 I'd have a Flex